• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Royal Princess

Neil

Deckhand
Picture below of the 500 ton section of the keel which was laid on Thursday for the new Princess Cruises ship ' Royal Princess '.

She will be about 141,000 grt and carry 3,600 passengers.

She is due to enter service in the spring of 2013.
royalprincesskeellaying.jpg

Neil

Deckhand
Another picture of the 500 ton keel section for the new ' Royal Princess ' cruise ship.
28.10 ROYAL PRINCESS.jpg

L

lancashire lass

Lots of time to Plan. Must be exciting looking forward to a brand new ship:)

Geologger

Deckhand
Royal Princess - in service less than a year from now? WOW! Shipbuilders Fincantieri must really know their stuff.

Pam in CA

Captain
Lots of time to Plan. Must be exciting looking forward to a brand new ship:)
Don't be so sure. :) I booked the Royal Princess Maiden Passage for October 2013 last April and the ship was sold out... completely. I started out on the wait list and got a cabin; my sister booked about a month ago and is still over #400 on the wait list for any non-inside cabin. Her first cruises in the Caribbean are sold out as well.

If you see a cruise you'd like to take, I'd grab it. :)

Neil

Deckhand
Picture from the ship yard showing the ' Sea Walk ' which when finished will be built out about 30 feet from the side of the Royal Princess.

It has a glass floor, and is about 128 feet above the water ! :eek:
RP 14.jpg