• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New build Royal Princess

sue87

Captain
141,000 3,600 June 10, 2013 The prototypical Royal Princess will be some 20 percent larger than Princess' largest ships now afloat and will feature a number of novel twists in dining and entertainment.

Pam in CA

Captain
141,000 3,600 June 10, 2013 The prototypical Royal Princess will be some 20 percent larger than Princess' largest ships now afloat and will feature a number of novel twists in dining and entertainment.
The new Royal Princess:

The Royal's dining:

The Sanctuary and Retreat:

The Piazza and Atrium:

Neil

Deckhand
The ' Royal Princess ' was handed over by the builders to Princess Cruises today.

She is due to be named in the UK port of Southampton on the 13th June 2013 by Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, who is the wife of Prince William.

Picture of the royal couple below -

PRINCE WILLAIM AND KATE.jpg

Pam in CA

Captain
Thanks, Neil! The excitement is building! :) I've seen the most recent video and photos, and she looks gorgeous. Perhaps too neutral for some but I think she looks classy.

Neil

Deckhand
The ' Royal Princess ' sailed from the Italian port of Monfalcone about 16.15 hrs on Friday 31st May 2013.

Today she is cruising at 22.6 knots.

She is shown as stopping in the Gibraltar Bay area about 05.00 hrs on the 4th June 2013.

01.06 royal princess.jpg

We have just returned from the inaugural Mediterranean voyage on The Royal Princess, she really is a beautiful ship and all of the teaser videos from Princess were very accurate.
Although we encountered very calm seas it was so smooth on board you felt you were still in port.
One criticism I would make and this was shared by so many other passengers we met, deck 7 the promenade deck has gone and is now a restricted area for lifeboats and smoking areas.
On our last cruise on the Ruby Princess deck 7 was popular at all times and a great place for exercise especially after dinner and prior to the show or back to the bars. It also meant you could get close to the bow as the ship entered the ports, on the RP this is not possible as the whole of the bow area is now crew only with their swimming pool.
The exercise deck is now deck 17 the sun deck, but not many people were prepared to wait for a lift to that level after dinner especially at that height on the ship it was extremely windy.
I tried to join the Ultimate Ship tour but was told the list was full and there was a reserve waiting list at $150 per person that seems hard to believe in this recessional time but true it was, so much so that had a lottery to determine who would be the lucky twelve people. I was told by a crew member later this tour did NOT include the bridge or the engine room, so I was glad in the end my ticket didn't win
Royal Princess.jpg
DSC02999.JPG
DSC03003.JPG

Pam in CA

Captain
Thanks for your review. I am really looking forward to sailing on the Royal in October. It's disappointing that the Promenade deck is essentially gone but that seems to be the trend on newer ships. :( Even the more recent Princess ships have had a very narrow Promenade deck and no chairs or way to enjoy being outside on deck.

I've taken the Ultimate Ship's Tour and yes, it does fill very quickly as there are a limited number of people who can take it. There's usually a wait list, even at $150/pp. On my tour, we didn't go to the engine room but we did go to the control room and the Bridge. So far as I know, that's standard on every UST. Sorry you missed it but perhaps you can take it on another cruise. You have a better chance if you go to the Passenger Services Desk and sign up as soon as possible after boarding.