• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New build NCL Getaway

Cruisefan

Deckhand
Hi All,
a fire broke out this afternoon local time at the building hall #2 in which the Nowrwegian Getwaya is under construction. meyer Werft own firebrigade was unable to estinguish the fire, local fire trucks of nearby communities were called to assist. According to Mer Werft press fire broke out in the engine room, no one was hurt. Extend of the damage seems slight as Meyer confirmed delivery of the vessel for 2014 as planned.
Baudock II.jpg

Pam in CA

Captain
Sorry to hear this. Perhaps I shouldn't be but I'm always surprised when a major mishap occurs on a ship during construction or re-building. Glad construction won't be delayed.

BOOPSAHOY

Deckhand
If teh rpices for the Getaway are in line with the Breakaway Ill never sail it. Way too expensive. Hope the Breakaway comes downin price, its out of NY where I live but right now tooexpensive so I guess I will keep sailing on the Gem!