• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My time dining.

middy

Deckhand
Have always managed before to get late sitting on Royal Caribbean. Unfortunately not available this time as booked rather late. Has anyone experience of my time dining. ?

exbodcon

Deckhand
Hi, Recently back from Splendour of the Seas and tried 'My Time' diining for the first time as we wanted a table for two. Most nights we were only offered 6:30 or 9 to 9:30 pm and nothing in between. One night we got 8pm. We liked to decide on the time we wanted each morning for that night which I guess was a bit late given our table for two (no sharing) request. As the ship offers both fixed sittings and 'My Time' it seems 'My Time' is not as flexible as it could be. I guess book a table either before going in or coming out of dinner for the next night to get what you want.

middy

Deckhand
Just returned from Adventure of the seas having my first taste of MTD. As said before I prefer traditional dining. After passing through the checkin they had a member of staff with computer for my time dining. Thought I would book my dining ahead. Tried to book for 8pm asking to share a table. Was advised that would be difficult to share a table at that time as would predominantly be Spanish as they eat later. We thus opted for 7.30pm each night. Of the seven nights we ate at the same table for 6 nights the second night sharing a different table. Was glad that we went back to the original table after the second night as waiters were great at the original table, greeting us by name and had remembered our foibles. We don't drink alcohol with our meal, these waiters offered us the option of lemonade as served in Windjammer. Each night they had a big jug waiting for us.
Sure glad we didn't do a later time. We always arrived at the door and went straight in. When we came out there was always a great queue, was actually difficult to fight through the crowd at times.
I can say I did actually enjoy my experience of MTD. Not sure if it would have been the same if I ate at different times each night, as might not have gotten the same waiters.

Geologger

Deckhand
We have opted for the MTD (or equivalent on other lines) for the past two years or so and like it so much we are unlikely to to go back to the fixed-time sittings. We have ALWAYS gotten our request for a table for two (we think of dinner as our personal time after being with crowds the rest of the day), and almost always at the time we request.

Ontariotrekker

Deckhand
I usually travel solo and always go with MTD for lots of reasons - can keep to my own eating schedule, eat quickly if I want to get to a show or lecture after dinner or really? just not get stuck at a slow table. I opt to eat in the MDR if I get lonely or feel like treating myself to being waited on.