• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mexico remains number one cruise destination worldwide

AmoMondo

Deckhand
Actually it does surprise me. I'd expect it to have significant numbers but be static or falling back with the security issues. I'd have thought the Caribbean would have had the top spot.

L

lancashire lass

It does surprise me considering the recent incidents. Having the Pacific coast and the gulf side makes for more cruising choices.

Grumpy100

Deckhand
I would not cruise to Mexico again. Too many people getting their heads cut off. I am not ready for that.
:whip::whip:

L

lancashire lass

I would not cruise to Mexico again. Too many people getting their heads cut off. I am not ready for that.
:whip::whip:
Scary according to newscasts. I am going there in a few weeks but I will keep my head down for sure:)

G.M.T.

Deckhand
I think the article was a put up job by the Mexican authorities, for me the numbers just do not gel.

"...Over 800,000 cruise ships docked at Mexico's sun drenched shores in 2011"

Thats over 2000 ships a DAY.

"... in 2011, an additional five million visited by way of cruise line."

5 million cruise passenger = 13700 passengers per day, say average ship has 2500 berths so = 5.5 ships per day

19 million cruise passengers a year and 26 % visit Mexico!

I think they are includng all the illegal immgrants in transit and on the refugee boats trying to get to USA.

Cruisefan

Deckhand
I saw that as well, i do believe the 800.00 means Cruise Passangers landed, not ships!!!
happy Cruising
CruiseFan

L

lancashire lass

Well I am quite sceptical at what Mexico states as truth.
We here in Canada are having problems on entering Mexico for a vacation. If your passport has a blemish on it they are refusing entry:bigeek:
A couple a few weeks ago a couple were denied permission at Toronto Airport by the airline taking tourists to the resorts.
The woman's passport had a small stain on one of the pages { not the main page} but the airline told them they would be denied entry if they allowed them to fly and the airline would be fined.
It's a tit for tat situation because the Canadian government have a Visa requirement now for Mexicans entering Canada.

Buoy_Babe

Deckhand
That's surprising - I would think it would be the Bahamas. I'm glad to hear it's not, though, because that place is way overrated. There are more things to do and see on a cruise around Mexico.