• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LOUIS Cruise Line SAPPHIRE SOLD FOR SCRAP

Cruisefan

Deckhand
This just in, as was predicted Louis has now sold her little beautiful classic lady SAPPHIRE.
She will depart from Perama, Greece shortly. She had been laid up two years Louis was looking for a charterer or buyer but the new CEO who stated he wants to quickly move forward and get rid of the old ships and renew the fleet, has lost patience it seems. Here a picture of Emerald - as we discussed elsewhere on her way mid April to Korea - laid up side by side.
CruiseFan
LOUIS_Sapphire_Emerald.jpg

Ally

Deckhand
Sad news.....but we can't keep all the old ships alive anymore :(

Sapphy is a lovely little ship, beautiful design and she was popular in her day too.

Thanks for the update, Cruisefan...will move this to past ships now......:eek:

Ally

Deckhand
Louis' ex Sapphire has just arrived here in Muscat. Currently she is anchored outside the port area, not sure if she is to enter port of stay outside.

She looks good from my vantage point aboard Costa Classica. I have taken a couple of photo's which I will upload once I get home in a few weeks time. Taking photo's in Muscat port is actually forbidden now (they weren't the last time I was here in 2010), so have taken a couple from inside Classica.

Nice to see the old lady...hopefully she will be back in use rather than ending up on the Alang or Chittagong beach. She seems to have extra lifeboats/tenders strapped to her bow area, her own lifeboats/tenders are missing from the davits which makes it look likely that she is to be scrapped, perhaps..which would be a shame for such a beautiful looking ship.

Ally

Deckhand
Photo's of Sapphire off Muscat...she was on her way to the breakers, if you look closely, there is something orange sat on her bow area, it looked like extra lifeboats from another ship that she was carrying as deck cargo.
040.JPG
041.JPG
042.JPG