• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jade 31st Jan 2012 Barcelona to Canaries

Ally

Deckhand
Hey - just in moment member...we are with 5 persons on Jade at 31.01.
Welcome to Cruisingtalk, Christoph, its great to have you join us here...sounds like a brilliant cruise. Middy, Chris & I have met, they are a lovely couple I am sure you will have a good time if you manage to meet up on Jade :)

middy

Deckhand
Hi Christoph43.
Sorry took so long to reply, have a touch of sciatica at present and physio says not supposed to sit up for long periods. Mind you been having traction monday to fridays so should be a little taller before we cruise :roflmao:
Have you been on Jade before.? My only experience with NCL was a short inaugural cruise on Gem with others from this site. Hubby didn't come with me so will be his first time with NCL.

middy

Deckhand
Hi Christoph 43.
Jades a little smaller than Epic, Pool bar sounds nice :) Though have yet to check what tempertures are like in Barcelona at that time of the year.

middy

Deckhand
Under 3 weeks to go.:) :dancing_banana:
Had to pay an excess on my travel insurance to cover my recent sciatica :bawling: Mind you as the policy was free in the first place can't complain.
Been looking at the tours on line at NCL, think will do one in Madeira which includes a nice coach tour out around the island, go on the cable car and of course wine tasting. Hic :)
Seems the seas are staying calm for her sea day today as she heads towards Malaga.

jade 10th.jpg

jade 10th.jpg

middy

Deckhand
I've done the sled ride before many moons ago.:)

madeira sled ride.JPG

And I'm certainly sure my physio would not be impressed if I attempted it again at the moment.
madeira sled ride.JPG

Ally

Deckhand
hmmm...maybe not a good idea then, perhaps :)

I was going to give it a go in 2011 when I was in Funchal aboard Costa Victoria but a variety of things got in the way...I will give it a go one day though (if I can get the butterflies to quit fluttering) :laugh:

Ally

Deckhand
Middy, what is your itinerary day to day, please?

Since Jade has a cam, thinking about getting the stalk threads going again :)

middy

Deckhand
After a relaxing ovenight stay in Barcelona.
31st Board in Barcelona, depart 7pm.
1st At sea
2nd At sea
3rd Funchal Madeira
4th Santa Cruz Tenerife
5th Arrecife Lanzarote
6th At sea
7th Malaga Spain
8th At sea
9th Barcelona

Ally

Deckhand
Lovely jubbely...some nice sea days there, Middy :joy:

Thanks for the itinerary, I shall see what I can put together when the time comes :)

middy

Deckhand
Airport Hotel and parking booked. :)
Just the packing left to go. Holiday starts in 3 days now as counting my day in liverpool. :)

middy

Deckhand
24hours till I start on my journey. :dancing_banana:

sat.jpg

Jade at sea today sailing towards Spain , ready to pick me up on Tuesday. :)
sat.jpg

Ally

Deckhand
Not long now matey, hope that you have a wonderful cruise :joy:

Shall look forward to reading your review upon your return :)

L

lancashire lass

Did that ride when we stopped there on the RCCLs Voyager cruise out of Barcelona to Galveston. All I can say is I was terrified until we started off and once underway loved it. Would I do it again? No I too have sciatica, but glad I had the experience.

Capricruiser

Deckhand
Middy, I won't be on the Jade but my cruise ship the MSC Fantasia will be in three of your ports when you are: Barcelona on the 31st, Tenerife on the 4th, and Malaga on the 7th. We can wave at earch other ship to ship!

middy

Deckhand
Hi Chuck. :)
I will look out for you waving. Look out for the woman with a bearded man with a pint tea mug in his hand, it goes everywhere with him. :) I've already booked the good weather and calm seas for us.:)
Have a good cruise Chuck :)

middy

Deckhand
Just a little bit of packing left to do before we set out for Liverpool this afternoon.
sun.jpg

Jades webcam this morning in Malaga, next stop Barcelona to pick me up. :biggrinbounce2:
sun.jpg