• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is Monarch going to Spain?

Ally

Deckhand
So far the only two ships earmarked are Empress (already gone) and Sovereign in November 2008.

I have a feeling Monarch could be transferred over to the new joint venture tween RCI and TUI or it could be Majesty.

I doubt we will know one way or the other til later in the year though.

Locarno

Deckhand
Hi,
a highly respected german shipping newsnpaper in Hamburg, reported in their thursday edition, that Celebrity's Galaxy, will become the TUI-RCI ship for the German market. On april 18th 2009 she will depart on an 11 day cruise to Europe, at the end of this cruise she will enetr a Shipyard (to be repained in TUI colors no d9ubt) and then commencer her "german" duty in May 2009
Happy Sailings!
Locarno

Ally

Deckhand
Galaxy is being refurbished at a cost of $4m...seems a bit odd to spend that much on a ship and get rid of her from the fleet so soon afterwards.

We shall see though, no doubt.

Locarno

Deckhand
Well, hardly true "getting rid of", as she is being transferred to a new Venture. Also, RCI-TUI are aware the Germans have some different requirements than the american guests and certain changes are necessary to establish this new product successfully on the market. 4 million ? that seems pittance to me. you could not recarpet the whole ship for that Ally!
As you said, we shall see of course.
Happy cruising?
Locarno

Ally

Deckhand
With Pullmantur announcing this week that Oceanic has been sold, and since the company already has Empress and Sovereign from RCI....does the removal of the older Oceanic now leave the way open for Monarch to join her two sisters in the Spanish cruise line?

If she did get transferred, it would be alot easier to do since she was repositioned to operate out of Florida. It is certainly feasible.