• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How To's On CruisingTalk.com

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
This thread will give you a basic understanding of how things work on CruisingTalk.com.

Upload An Avatar
Uploading an avatar is simple. In the upper right are of our navigation you will see your username. Simply place your mouse over your username and you will get the following pop up:

Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 9.47.57 AM.png

From there you simply click the Avatar link and follow the instructions.

How To Upload Attachments
Uploading attachments is easy as well. You will notice an Upload a File button when creating a thread or a reply. Simply hitting this will bring up a menu for selecting your image from your computer.

After you do so you will be able to choose to insert the image as a Thumbnail or Full Size image into your post if you wish.

Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 9.50.37 AM.png

Liking A Post
Many of you may have a Facebook account and are all too familiar with the term "Like". CruisingTalk now has a similar feature with the same goal in mind, which is letting others know when they post something you like, whether it be helpful, funny or any other reason that you "Like" their post.

You will find the Like link next to the Reply link on every post but your own.

Example
Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 10.05.08 AM.png

Follow Your Friends
One of the great things about our new software is the ability to "Follow" your friends here on Cruising Talk. Doing so will help you better keep tabs on what your Cruising Talk friends are doing. In order to follow someone simply hover over your user name in the top right navigation (as seen in the first screen shot in this thread) and then click the People You Follow link. Once you do that you will be able to add any members that you would like to follow.

After you follow someone you will be able to easily see when they are online:

Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 12.20.10 PM.png

ILove2Cruise2

Deckhand
That's so funny because I looked and looked and knew that the moment I asked I would stumble on it and I did. Thank you for your prompt reply anway!:)