• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to choose amount of time on a cruise?

Rex

Captain
Staff member
When you book your cruise what determines how long of a cruise you go on?

Price
Timing
Places
etc.

Pam in CA

Captain
When you book your cruise what determines how long of a cruise you go on?

Price
Timing
Places
etc.
I think one of the primary considerations is vacation time, whether it's your own work schedule or child's school vacation. I'm retired so I don't have to worry about how much time but when my daughter was in college, we could take only 7-day cruises. That limits you to cruises you can get to easily.

middy

Deckhand
I have to agree with Pam. My main consideration is how much holiday time I can have at one time. Long time till I retire :( so no long cruises for me.

GregT

Deckhand
I've always been partial to two week cruises. The first couple of days on a cruise can be overwhelming, which makes 5 or 7 day cruises just too short! With longer cruises, it really gives you time to take advantage of everything onboard and develop a comfortable routine during your stay.
As it's something most of us usually don't get to do very often, it's great to be able to get your money's worth!