• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Old?

Gabriella

Deckhand
How old were the kids when you took them on a Disney cruise? Do you recommend any age ranges in particular? I have a newborn and a 2 year old, so I don't want to go yet, but don't know when to take them.

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
How old were the kids when you took them on a Disney cruise? Do you recommend any age ranges in particular? I have a newborn and a 2 year old, so I don't want to go yet, but don't know when to take them.
That's a good question, I would think maybe about 10 years old or 11 might be a good time to take them.

dizzy1948

Deckhand
For what it's worth - have a think back to what is your "biggest" memory - and what age was that? I agree with Mrslinarcos - 10/11 wonderful age to appreciate it all

Holly Evans

Deckhand
Yes I agree. You want to go on a Cruise where your children will remember, as cruising is expensive you want to get the most out of it. But then you don't want them to be needy, and want everything when your on board as some things can be kind of pricey. Anyway, when you do decide to go, have an amazing time! It honestly is spectacular

LasseKjus

Deckhand
Disagree. Go on a cruise when YOU can remember their experience. Just because they won't have life long memories, doesn't mean you won't. And you often get reduced rates for younger children (at least you used to). That and under 2 you don't have airfare to worry about. We took my middle child on her first Disney Cruise at 13 weeks. She had a blast! At least she was in a lot of pictures. Why wait to live your life until the kids can remember what they did? You will have the memories.

Pam in CA

Captain
You'd be surprised at what even very young children remember. As said, go for yourself and the kids will have fun. Even toddlers will have a good time even if they don't remember the specifics.

jack100

Deckhand
I think that babies & very young toddlers should not be on a cruise.
Several reasons...main one pure selfishness
Don't want to be in the MDR and be distracted from my meal when a toddler starts bawling nearby or have one in the stateroom next to mine and hear a toddler who cries and screams all night
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike toddlers but think some parents think they have a right to inflict their noisy brood anywhere.
I have no issue at all with well behaved children.

Binlo

Deckhand
I was 14 years old when i first time go there and i remember all the adventure which i feel there. That's was great time of my life , even i was a child but i remember all the things which i do there.

Pam in CA

Captain
My daughter was 9 years old on her first cruise. She had a fabulous time and still remembers it clearly. If I were to take a young child, I would choose a cruise line that either offers babysitting or has evening activities for kids.

I agree with Jack that a fussy baby shouldn't be in the dining room and unfortunately, many parents let babies and toddlers scream, run around or disrupt dinner for everyone else without a smidgen of guilt. If a child is fussing or squirming, they should be removed and I've seen responsible parents do this.

TildaBrown

Deckhand
We took our children when they were 4 and 7 years old. They did enjoy voyage just a lot! Disney cruise just the best for children...and actually for adults too...the company is pretty reliable as I think...and according to reviews it is not just my opinion
pissedconsumer.com /consumer-reviews/cruises.html