• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help needed re. complaint

dizzycruiser

Deckhand
Hi

I've just returned from a Cruise and unfortunately had cause to complain regarding being woken up for several nights by a faulty outside (hydraulic?) door just under our cabin.

I've looked at this section

http://www.cruisingtalk.com/general-cruising-talk/19778-what-do-when-things-go-wrong-your-cruise.html?highlight=complain

but unfortunately the links below do not work for me.

It may be because I am no longer a 'Which?' member so wonder if anyone would kindly be able to help me with regards to pointing me in the right direction as to what to say etc..

Your rights - Getting compensation for holiday problems - Your rights - Which? Advice

How to complain - Getting compensation for holiday problems - Your rights - Which? Advice

Sample letters - Getting compensation for holiday problems - Your rights - Which? Advice

FAQs - Getting compensation for holiday problems - Your rights - Which? Advice

The complaint has been lodged and a report written on the ship but still want to make sure that I follow the correct procedures to claim some sort of compensation for the disrupted sleep etc..

Many thanks
Dizzy

Neil

Deckhand
Hi

Not sure where you live but your local trading standards office may be able to help or the citizens advice office if your are in the UK.

BenB

Deckhand
I see this thread is almost two years old but it is always good to have some knowledge of how to make a claim and / or express dissatisfaction following a cruise.
Here is another link.
How to Complain to a Cruise Line | All Things Cruise
Thanks for this link. I haven't been on a cruise yet and hope I don't have cause to complain after the first one, but it's nice to know how to complain in a mature, professional and effective manner if I should ever need to. I also like that the article links to a list of CEOs, if it ever becomes necessary to take it that far up the ladder.

Adrian

Deckhand
Dizzycruiser - I'm sorry you found reason to complain, but it was the basis for a really good thread, so thank you for sharing. Thanks also to lancashire lass for the link to the article about how to complain. I never would have thought to contact the CEO if I hadn't read this article.

L

lancashire lass

I am pleased you found the link useful. That's what the forum is for.:)