• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Had an Amazing Cruise on the NCL Dawn Nov 11, 2012

Laffnvegas

Deckhand
Hi Fellow Cruisers, this is my first post here but thought I would let anyone know if you had any questions to ask.
We sailed the first cruise of the season on the NCL Dawn sailing out of Tampa to the Westerdam Caribbean on Nov 11th 2012. We were in an aft category SF Suite. This was our first time to sail out of Tampa and we loved it. We had a one night pre stay at the Hyatt Place which was probably the friendliest Hyatt Place I have ever stayed. They have a great deal for cruisers for $40.00 per room they will take you to the pier the day of your cruise and even if not staying afterwards will pick you up at the end of the cruise and take you to the airport. For two people that makes $10 pp each way.

This makes 36 cruises my husband and I have had, most have been with Holland America but this was our third with NCL. We have also cruise RCI, Princess, and Celebrity.
We often cruise in Suites and find the NCL Suite product to be superior to many of the other mass market cruise line Suites.
I did a Live From report on another chat board, where I go in and post daily what we did, this itinerary consisted of going to Roatan (our 3rd time there and still one of my favorites) Belize City (love this place for purse shopping), Costa Maya where we did a great private excursion at Maya Chan and Cozumel.

On board the ship we of course dined in several of the alternative specialty restaurants with Le Bistro and Moderno being our favorites.

If you have any specific questions just ask, especially about Suite life on NCL.

Lisa

Pam in CA

Captain
Great to see you here, Lisa. You're right about Hyatt Place. Terrific place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale pre- cruise. The rooms are large with a nice sitting area and big flatscreen TV. They have a complimentary breakfast and even a self- serve laundry room :)

Laffnvegas

Deckhand
The first pic is Tom my husband in our cat SF suite, second pic is the main atrium, third pic is Maya Key in Roatan and last is Maya Chen in Costa Maya

BOOPSAHOY

Deckhand
We love that aft suite! We had it for the first time last year and again this year (in 6 days woohoo) on the Gem