• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good news for Puerto Plata. Shovel is in the ground.

haroldwilliams

Deckhand
I`m glad to see Amber Cove has moved to start construction, but I wonder what is the result in May 2013 ? I have noticed Trujillo in Honduras has accepted HAL, and Silver Sea for 2014. Do you think there will be others ? Have any ships committed to Amber Cove?

PEB

Captain
Staff member
Thanks for the post of the news article. If people start signing up for cruises with this port included in the itinerary I am sure other cruise lines will also start stopping at the port. If people that do go to this port are unsatisfied with the port I am sure it will not last long when their comments hit the various boards.

Pam in CA

Captain
It's amazing what the cruise lines can do to create a destination. :) I was in Roatan, Honduras last February at Mahogany Bay and it was delightful. Having been to Puerto Plata a few years ago for a week, I wasn't impressed but I'm sure this new resort will wind up being a nice destination.

haroldwilliams

Deckhand
They (the construstionists) are supposed to finish with Amber Cove in 2014, this year, but who knows, it may be 2015; hopefully not. I still have not heard what ships may go to Amber Cove. Is there any newer `news` on it, or a schedule yet ?