• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fun Question. How many shoes, Gals and Guys?

• Thread starter lancashire lass
  • Start date

Boy Blue

Deckhand
Everything I will need for the Cruise is now in the spare room, had a day off today :biggrinbounce2:.

Just wait till hubby comes home I have 4 pairs of day shoes (flippy flops),
and 5 pairs for the evenings............ I just know what will be said when he gets home........

Ohhhh just forgot about my new KG evening shoes, can see another moment coming at check in :dancing_banana::dancing_banana:

Ally

Deckhand
Mel...a suggestion....unless you have already considered it, of course.

When I went on my 34 day cruise/stay in 2010 and I had 23kg weight limit +10kg carry on limit on flights, I packed all clothing into the checked suitcase and put shoes in a 22" cabin size 2 wheeled suitcase as carry on, with my laptop case that had the laptop, tickets etc inside.

Stayed right under the weight limits...no shoes in the main suitcase meant more space for clothing...so since there are two of you, try for one 26" + one 24" for checking in and take 1 x 22" + 1 x 20" for shoes and bulkies for carry on...should be more than ample for your cruise and be under the weights :)

When you get on the ship the cases should all go together like Russian dolls, thus they do not take up any more space than a single case does :)

Boy Blue

Deckhand
Mel...a suggestion....unless you have already considered it, of course.

When I went on my 34 day cruise/stay in 2010 and I had 23kg weight limit +10kg carry on limit on flights, I packed all clothing into the checked suitcase and put shoes in a 22" cabin size 2 wheeled suitcase as carry on, with my laptop case that had the laptop, tickets etc inside.

Stayed right under the weight limits...no shoes in the main suitcase meant more space for clothing...so since there are two of you, try for one 26" + one 24" for checking in and take 1 x 22" + 1 x 20" for shoes and bulkies for carry on...should be more than ample for your cruise and be under the weights :)

When you get on the ship the cases should all go together like Russian dolls, thus they do not take up any more space than a single case does :)
Ally you are an angel :biggrinangelA:

Ally

Deckhand
Ally you are an angel :biggrinangelA:
:eek:

You're welcome :)

I am lucky really as I have a choice of 6 suitcases or various sizes plus 6 or 7 various holdalls, also of several sizes, to choose from.

The cruise next month is fine for me to use the one case + flightbag....the other 5 cases and 7 holdalls are in the topboxes of my wardrobe, like Russian dolls for easier storage.

KeithnRita

Deckhand
For me it's the tennis shoes I'm wearing aboard plus 1 pair/each sandals and dress shoes. Rita packs the bags and has figured out how to bring 6 to 8 additional pairs for herself. Our last cruise was 13 days and she had 9 pair total!:eek:

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
At first, I took only a couple for a 3/4 day trip. Then a seven day cruise came up and it blossomed into about 6 pairs. Finally, I got to the point I'd bring just the pairs that came with the clothes that had dominate colors. If the majority of the clothes I brought had black and maroon, that's what I brought. Plus one pair of tennis shoes, pool shoes, and house slippers. Did I forget anything???
:laughalot: :laughalot: :laughalot: :laughalot:

Adrian

Deckhand
I haven't been on a cruise yet, but I have traveled and in those cases, I took one pair of flip flops to use as shower shoes, one pair of tennis shoes for walking and one pair of heels for fancy occasions. That's it! (Can you believe it? LOL)

L

lancashire lass

I haven't been on a cruise yet, but I have traveled and in those cases, I took one pair of flip flops to use as shower shoes, one pair of tennis shoes for walking and one pair of heels for fancy occasions. That's it! (Can you believe it? LOL)
I do believe you I only take the ones I travel in , pool shoes dressy pair and boat shoes. No exceptions:)