• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fun Question. How many shoes, Gals and Guys?

• Thread starter lancashire lass
  • Start date
L

lancashire lass

Fun question for everyone . I am curious to know how many pairs of shoes do you take with you when cruising for one or two weeks or longer.

When we cruise for 7 days I take one pair dressy shoes One pair boat shoes and a travel pair.

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
Good question Kathy. I took one pair of tennis shoes, house slippers, and about 2 or 3 pairs of shoes. I tried to make sure the shoes matched the outfits I would wear. Oh, almost forgot; one pair of pool shoes. Before I used to take about 5 or 6 pairs of dress shoes. We always took a 7 day cruise, no longer than that; because we missed our cats.

L

lancashire lass

I asked the question because I really hate packing shoes more than two pair and I get antsy.:bigeek: {Two for hubby as well}

AmoMondo

Deckhand
Never managed to keep it down tom2 pairs. I usually have 2 pairs of gala shoes! Then have more comfortable dressy shoes for otherbevenings, then there's my flat comfier sandals for in port, my crocs, my trainers and sometimes boots as well (when I.m leaving from UK in the winter).

Think my record was 11 but that was for 3 weeks and also included riding boots as 8 was going horse riding in a couple of ports.

Now I try to stick to fewer colours of clothes so I don't need both black and navy shoes as well as lighter coloured ones, so will manage with 5 or 6 pairs!

G.M.T.

Deckhand
Me, 3 pairs - Gala, Casual & walking/trekking.

DW, as many as she can pack into my luggage.

DW motto is "If the shoe fits - buy it in every colour".

L

lancashire lass

Never managed to keep it down tom2 pairs. I usually have 2 pairs of gala shoes! Then have more comfortable dressy shoes for otherbevenings, then there's my flat comfier sandals for in port, my crocs, my trainers and sometimes boots as well (when I.m leaving from UK in the winter).

Think my record was 11 but that was for 3 weeks and also included riding boots as 8 was going horse riding in a couple of ports.

Now I try to stick to fewer colours of clothes so I don't need both black and navy shoes as well as lighter coloured ones, so will manage with 5 or 6 pairs!
That's a lot of footwear Amo:cool:. I"m just jealous . I love shoes but we always have to fly to cruiseports , if I took shoes for every oufit I would be paying extra baggage.

Capricruiser

Deckhand
I'm a bit like Ron when it comes to shoes on a ship (hey, it rhymes!). I need three pairs: 1 pr. dress shoes, 1 pr. white deck shoes for shipboard use, and 1 pr. dark trainers for excursions and general use, plus a pair of flip-flops for the pool or spa, and depending on the itinerary and expected weather, a pair of waterproof trekking shoes or boots. In warm or hot climates I'll probably pack a pair of sandals as well.

BooBoos Mum

Deckhand
I took 1 black pair sling backs 1" heal for all formal wear & informal
1 green pair for 1 long green dress 3" heel sling back
1 silver pair for 1 long purple dress 2" sling back
3 pair sandles for day use .....all shoes are very comfy & can walk miles in them except the green ones as the heels too big :roflmao:even though they are wedge

Braveheart

Deckhand
Killer Heels = 2 x Gold,(different shades) Silver x 1(2 if space allows) Nude x 2 pairs, 1 x multi = 6 pairs minimum - If space in case, add colours ie red, black etc.
High wedges: 2 x dressy wedges
Pool wedges x 3
Flip flops x 4
Plus travel shoes
and if planning shore exc, one pair ugly crocs!
DH : takes around five dress pairs, plus his ghillies, and takes crocs for poolside. Well actually not true, he takes zero, I pack everything, if it was left to him he'd take one pair of black shoes then puzzle what to wear with cream linen trousers....
What's the point of owning lovely shoes and not wearing them. I spend my life in flats or wellies, cruising and vacations are about the only time I get to dress up, I have so many shoes though I forget what I have until I go through the boxes. Think its a common problem with we ladies :)

Ally

Deckhand
Usually I take three pairs of shoes in the case....1 pair of black 5" heel for the formal nights, 1 pair of teal 4" heel sandals for the semi formal nights and 1 pair of flat white sandals for everyday wear on the ship.

Then I have the trainers that I where to & from the ship (inc flights) and they are useful when out on deck if the weather is misbehaving or if I go off the ship at ports.

I have 6 pairs of shoes in total at home, all can be worn with a variety of outfits both formal and non formal...but at home I live in my trainers when I go out once or twice a week and slippers indoors, which is generally 5-6 days out of seven.

The shoes only get worn on cruises, some have never been worn after a few years sat in the wardrobe...a case of they looked nice in the shop but so far not had anywhere to use them :eek:

L

lancashire lass

Braveheart, Boos mum, lots of shoes for you two.:) I do agree with your remark Braveheart, "what's the sense of having them if you can't wear them?"
I used to take along at least five pairs but now I make do with three and like Ally I only wear dressy shoes occasionally.
Now a good pair of wellies would do me fine for my gardening endeavours but I have never found a suitable pair over here in Ontario.:(

Melia

Deckhand
I can get away with only 3 pairs of shoes. One is a pair of black dressy sandals that I can use for dinners, one is a pair of sneakers for excursions, and the final is a pair of regular black sandals that I wear on the ship the rest of the time.

Braveheart

Deckhand
I have certain shoes which are absolutely for "dining only". I wear them for cocktails and dinner, and then, my wonderful husband, nips back to the cabin with said shoes (whilst I hide bare feet under table) and exchanges them for "emergency pair" left out "just in case" I cant see the whole night through in them :dancing_banana:
Gotta have it fully sussed :biggrinbounce2:
No matter where we go, my chosen "emergency pair" are always left out.
Thats one reason I love cruising, it takes minutes to get a quick change, whether its shoes or dress, you are never more than minutes away!

AmoMondo

Deckhand
I have certain shoes which are absolutely for "dining only". I wear them for cocktails and dinner, and then, my wonderful husband, nips back to the cabin with said shoes (whilst I hide bare feet under table) and exchanges them for "emergency pair" left out "just in case" I cant see the whole night through in them :dancing_banana:
Gotta have it fully sussed :biggrinbounce2:
No matter where we go, my chosen "emergency pair" are always left out.
Thats one reason I love cruising, it takes minutes to get a quick change, whether its shoes or dress, you are never more than minutes away!
LOL!
I have those type of shoes too...I call them my "sitting down" shoes! I like to bring them out on cruises as I don't often get the chance here at home. Even with a taxi to and from a restaurant, I still may have to contend with Edinburgh's cobbles which don't mix well with those types of shoes.

Unlike you Braveheart, don't have a hubby to send back to the cabin for the emergency ones, but at least on a ship, you don't have far to go, to get them switched over when they start to cripple you!

Braveheart

Deckhand
LOL!
I have those type of shoes too...I call them my "sitting down" shoes! I like to bring them out on cruises as I don't often get the chance here at home. Even with a taxi to and from a restaurant, I still may have to contend with Edinburgh's cobbles which don't mix well with those types of shoes.

Unlike you Braveheart, don't have a hubby to send back to the cabin for the emergency ones, but at least on a ship, you don't have far to go, to get them switched over when they start to cripple you!
AAAAAH :laughalot: I have been on those cobbles - "cobbled" :roflmao:
You need a SEH - "sumb'day elses Husband" ....(they're often the best kind!) - (to fetch shoes I mean!!) (hell I'm gonna get myself in trouble here :)
OR - those wee roll up slipper shoes you stick in your handbag.. many a night (when living in Glasgow) I'd be the "posh" one with my wee fancy slippers on, walking across the brdge at the Clyde. trying to hail a taxi in the wee sma' hours, whilst the others were barefooted :)

When I leave the cabin, I leave my emergency pair well placed, otherwise God knows which pair my husband would bring... gold/silver/pink or blue... theyre all "They shoes" to him :rolleyes:

Buoy_Babe

Deckhand
I don't own that many shoes to begin with, but I think it's important to at least take a sturdy pair of sneakers, some form of water shoes and a dressy pair if you're the type who enjoys some fine dining. I think the water shoes are especially important to protect your feet and to avoid mucking up your regular shoes with sand or the like.

Johnnyofthesea

Deckhand
I pretty much would take three different pairs. I would bring sneakers, sandals, and dress shoes. I would be prepared for any occasion that way. I'm sure women take more than I do.

AmoMondo

Deckhand
AAAAAH :laughalot: I have been on those cobbles - "cobbled" :roflmao:
You need a SEH - "sumb'day elses Husband" ....(they're often the best kind!) - (to fetch shoes I mean!!) (hell I'm gonna get myself in trouble here :)
OR - those wee roll up slipper shoes you stick in your handbag.. many a night (when living in Glasgow) I'd be the "posh" one with my wee fancy slippers on, walking across the brdge at the Clyde. trying to hail a taxi in the wee sma' hours, whilst the others were barefooted :)

When I leave the cabin, I leave my emergency pair well placed, otherwise God knows which pair my husband would bring... gold/silver/pink or blue... theyre all "They shoes" to him :rolleyes:
LOL,

I'm familiar with the SEH concept, frequently use that for lifts home!

Going to have to investigate those roll up slipper shoes, they sound just the job when you can't find a taxi for love nor money and you've got the killer shoes on!