• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Found this place with a google search for .....

Johneeo

Deckhand
Cruise critic sucks.

A bit about me .... I have sailed on RCI (Navigator, Explorer 2x, Oasis), am booked for Allure .... been on Holland America and Carnival.

I enjoy participating in forums, but detest ridiculous censorship and g e s t a p o moderators.

Now that I have posted, I will begin reading and familiarizing myself with the board, and do not hesitiate to respond, flame, or question my manhood.

jack100

Deckhand
Welcome,
Hope you enjoy participating in this forum
I see you have cruised on the Oasis and next year will have a cruise on the Allure....
do you prefer cruising on larger ships ?

PEB

Captain
Staff member
Welcome to the board. I am not sure what got you so upset on CC and I really do not need to know but you are welcome here. I see no need to flame anyone on any board. We all have differrent opinions that can be expressed with respect for each others opinion. Please feel free to read and post on this board.

Pam in CA

Captain
John, welcome to CruisingTalk! I hope you've found a home here.

Sometimes, the actions of a moderator might seem incomprehensible but whether you're on CC or any other cruise board, a respectful discourse and exchange of experience, ideas and opinions are the goal. Even on CC, moderators are unpaid volunteers who do so because they love cruising. I try to keep that in mind whenever I don't completely understand why a post or thread has been removed or closed.

I often see misconceptions and misunderstandings occur so on my Royal Princess trans-Atlantic cruise in October, I'm organizing a get-together for those on my roll call to discuss "Online Community Tips and Pitfalls." So far, over 40 people want to be there. :)

Johneeo

Deckhand
Welcome,
Hope you enjoy participating in this forum
I see you have cruised on the Oasis and next year will have a cruise on the Allure....
do you prefer cruising on larger ships ?
The Oasis is an engineering marvel, loved it. Also, of all the ships, it handled crowds very well, especially with all the pools and their solarium.

I also really liked the Explorer and Navigator, but, the Oasis was something else. But, from my conversations, you really need to do your research before getting on .... know what it has to offer, figure out what you will like, and also have a good understanding of the layout to get the most out of it.

If you get on the Oasis blindly, you will be totally lost and spend a lot of time figuring things out.

Johneeo

Deckhand
John, welcome to CruisingTalk! I hope you've found a home here.

Sometimes, the actions of a moderator might seem incomprehensible but whether you're on CC or any other cruise board, a respectful discourse and exchange of experience, ideas and opinions are the goal. Even on CC, moderators are unpaid volunteers who do so because they love cruising.
Maybe some are like that, however, some are on a power trip, and consider having fun and humor to be a nuisance.

I agree with you .... respect, sharing ideas, and helping others are the goal, but, when you make a post, and others comment that they enjoyed it and found it humorous, a certain mod interprets it as "highjacking" and a "nuisance post" resulting in suspension.

Really?

Johneeo

Deckhand
I see no need to flame anyone on any board. We all have differrent opinions that can be expressed with respect for each others opinion. Please feel free to read and post on this board.
Agreed about flaming, but, when someone flames me ...... water off a duck's back, doesn't bother me in the least.

Pam in CA

Captain
John, I agree that some of the mods are not as experienced or even-handed as others as I've met many of them and know a couple of them well. That's true on pretty much any public message board. :( People are human. The thing to remember if you go back is that the "Report" button is your friend. Don't overuse it but if you feel harassed, threatened, or flamed, let the mod know rather than respond. Personally, if I'm going to report a post, I do it at an odd time when I know the mod isn't there. Someone is always monitoring the reports so you're more likely to get another mod checking it. :) Just a little trick I use. I also "Ignore" someone who is being a jerk or just plain annoys me. My stress level goes way down.