• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fireworks

BDAdaughter

Deckhand
If anyone catches any US cams showing fireworks (ie Hudson River etc) pls post here for me. I won't be able to get to my pc at the time, will enjoy next day

These I got New Years Eve but it was because of the time difference
Fireworks Germany.jpg
Fireworks Madeira.jpg

Jackie

Deckhand
Of course its 4th July tomorrow.
Happy 4th July to all , whatever you may be doing.
Has it been Canada Day yesterday/today? I know they are both close together.

c-to-sea

Deckhand
Jackie

Canada Day was July 1st. - Saturday. Lots of celebrations - parades,
cakes, parties, some fireworks but not as exuberant in that department
as our neighbours to the south.

Dani

Deckhand
Cliff, your neighbor to the south has perfected "Blowing things up " to an art form.

Hospital Emergency rooms should be busy today and tomorrow. Plus fireman, some one always sets a house or two on fire from stray fireworks.

Then there are the lost dogs and cats that left outside, get scared and run away !

When our son was young we would take him to public firework demonstrations.

Then starting when he was four, we showed him a $20.00 bill. We told him we could take it and buy fireworks...in essence burn it up.

OR we could give him the $20.00 and he could go to the toy store !

That worked ....he started his vast lego collection and added to it every year. No home done fireworks, only public displays.

Why, you ask ? My brother almost took his arm off by placing a cherry bomb in a tin can...My sister caught her clothes on fire from a sparkler...

robyn

Gondoliere
Here's my contribution to this thread - a New Years Eve - Sydney style, always spectacular fireworks! :joy:
NYE fireworks.jpg