1. Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Falkland Islands visit

Discussion in 'South America' started by Solent Richard, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Solent Richard

Solent Richard Deckhand

It's some years since my wife and I visited The Falklands Islands but I don't see too much information regarding them so I'll open up a new post.

We visited while on board Celebrity Infinity and as a Royal Naval veteran it was for me a pilgrimage.

Port Stanley necessitated a tender transfer...

[​IMG]

In oder to make the most of our visit I had pre-booked an island tour. On arrival we were greeted by our guide, Charlene, a born and bred Falkland Islander, with her sturdy 4×4, and were very soon heading off across the island in a South Westerly direction - heading towards Mount Pleasant and Fitzroy. Our first intended destination was Bertha’s Beach…

[​IMG]

Charlene knew exactly the places that were of interest to both of us and we had an excellent full day tour encompassing just about everything from the wildlife to the naval history...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To see my full review, which contains over 30 photographs, why not follow this link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/05/29/one-way-to-do-the-falklands/