• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you think Carnival cruise line still has the 'Party boat' image?

• Thread starter lancashire lass
  • Start date
L

lancashire lass

Carnival seems to have tried to re make its image as a 'family cruise' experience. Do you think they have succeeded?

cactus8

Deckhand
Carnival seems to have tried to re make its image as a 'family cruise' experience. Do you think they have succeeded?
Carnival left that "party boat" rep behind many years ago. It has been a family oriented cruiseline for quite some time now. My extended family and friends cruise with children just about every year.

L

lancashire lass

We have been on Carnival three times but when we tell our friends the "party boat image" is not now the case they are very sceptical. Carnival has a rep now as Family Friendly.

sherryjo

Deckhand
after several cruises with carnival-I say it is now family friendly !!! the night life is still there after hours,but pretty tame during the day. I am going with my entire family (6yrs -70 yrs) in july (7th) to the bahamas out of new orleans ---anyones else out there?

Bo Didly

Deckhand
With the Cheers program , Carnival has reinvented the Party Ship image.
People flock to the bars trying to get their monies worth.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
I have enjoyed cruising on Carnival quite a few times. I will say though that I have been on the ship one week during a spring break then the next week after spring break and it was like I was on two different cruise lines. I enjoyed both weeks and there were no major party problems during spring break but it was a more party atmosphere during that time. I would cruise on Carnival with my family with no hesitation.

Pam in CA

Captain
I think that with the "Cheers" program, Carnival is fostering the image of a party boat if not the actuality.

What concerns me is that whenever there's news of someone falling overboard, it's usually the case that the person had been drinking. :(

lockdown

Deckhand
I think Carnival has done a very good job of having something to offer for everyone that sails with them. Me and the wife have been sailing with Carnival sence 2000. My daughter has been on 5 cruises with us and loves it! Also I think the days of the drunk 18 year olds running around the ship at night are long over. But I still think it is a party boat...in a good way!

Last edited:

Warner Athey

Deckhand
After going on a few cruises with Carnival I noticed that they seem to taylor the program to fit the age group of the passengers on board at the time.
If a ship is full of people who look like they are on social security they cut down on the loud hard driving music that they usually blast you with.
I think they are wise to do so.

Warner Athey

Deckhand
After every cruise Carnival will send you a survey asking what you liked or did not like about the cruise. This is ok but I think they should
also ask you what would make the cruise better. When I was running my tour boat I was always on the look out for ideas. I was looking
for things that wouldn't cost very much yet would make the cruise better for the passengers. They should ask what is the worst thing about
the cruise and what would make it better. One of the worst parts is the waiting to get on the ship once you get to the terminal. Obviously
they can't let you on until all the passengers on the ship get off. We understand that. What they could do is offer us some coffee and donuts
while we are waiting. That wouldn't cost very much yet it would make the trip better. Once somebody in a Carnival uniform handed you that
cup of coffee it would be like, OK my cruise has started.

Warner Athey

Deckhand
One more tip. If you cruise a lot on Carnival buy some CCL stock. You not only get your dividends but they will give you an onboard credit
every time you cruise. I tell everybody to buy stock in Carnival. You know Carnival owns about 100 ships.