• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do the port cams archive from the ports??

cruisegirl

Deckhand
I don't know if Jeff is around today but does anyone know if the port cams archive their footage?? I have a friend sailing on the Grand Princess & I'm trying to stalk her ship as it leaves... I did it Monday for a friend on the Paradise and got pics as it pulled/sailed away.... but I work today... :( So I'm taking my laptop with the hopes to get on at 2pm to capture her.... If I don't, I wondered if the cams archive somewhere so I can get the footage for her...... T I A.........

jeff

Master of the Vessel
Hello Debbie:)

Why not just ask us here at the forums to try and capture it. Of course we will need to know which port and which ship. I do not believe many port cams archive their shote but that one might.

jeff

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Hey Jeff,
thanks for the info.... I felt bad asking someone to do that for me... Right now I'm online (obviously,lol) so hoping to capture it... But they aren't leaving yet.....lol.....it's the Grand Princess in Galveston... Hope they leave soon or I'll run out of time....:)

jeff

Master of the Vessel
I'm on it as well Debbie. But you're right, they ain't moving. Are you sure they are sailing at 4PM and not 5?

jeff

cruisegirl

Deckhand
It says they sail at 4pm on the itinerary... they need to get going...lol... I do the capture's in succession... as they push away, then sail off.... That's why I thought it was a bit much to ask someone else... But thanks for being "on it" too....

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Or I should say, that's what the itinerary for April 8th said... Was 4pm.. But we have a time change so maybe this week it's 5pm... I can't pull up todays itinerary.....crazy....

Liz

Deckhand
In any event, Princess thinks they have left:mrgreen:

Cruise Calendar DOES say 4pm?????
grandleft.jpg

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Doesn't that bite......lol......I run back upstairs to check on my patient and by the time I come back down, they're gone..... Dang it... Did anyone capture the push away or sail away????

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Aw Mr "GeeK" Sir,
Absolutely awesome...... Amazing... How do you do that?? Where it's like a movie?? Please instruct me...... Very cool....... Thank you, Thank you.....:green:

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Well I played with my WMP on windows today and made a little movie of my other friend Sarah when she went on her cruise this past week with the port cams photos from Long Beach..... Courtesy of course of Kroooz-cams website......lol.......Kind of fun..... But it's like a little movie, not like yours Jeff... I can't figure how you have one pic posted that changes over time on one spot like that.... How do you do that??? And how do you post it?? Also, who's Phil?? I would love to ask some questions of him regarding the windows movie maker thing if he's willing?? I made my little movie but can't figure out to add music.... Still learning so many things........:D

jeff

Master of the Vessel
Okay Debbie. Now I understand the question. Thick skulls you know.

1 method of making the movie is through Windows Movie Maker.

The other way is an animated gif. These require a special program that you can buy or find somewhere as freeware. I use GIF Construction Set which is available at Alchemy Mind Workshop cost is around $45.

That's all I got and I'm sticking to it.

jeff

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Thanks for the info. Jeff.... Got that one figured out.....Now I need to find someone very familar with the Windows movie maker... Still can't figure out why I can't use the music I have on I-tunes on my movie....... very wierd......

cruisegirl

Deckhand
Hey Jeff,
I saw your post on Dani's cruise thread... Thought I'd say thanks again over here.... Didn't want to Hi-jack her thread.....lol.... but your info has been helpful..... I figured out the music question.. I had to upload my music into the windows media player... Got a cute movie from my Hawaiian cruise last year in progress.... Love it........
I will check out the animated gif stuff.. That was just so cool what you did.... Can't wait for Dorie to see it.... ;)

robyn

Gondoliere
Wow Debbie...your posts sound soooo computer literate...while I am :roll:

Just waiting for Liz's visit 'down here' next year when I am sure I will be absolutely instructed on the 'how to do's'.....if only to relieve her own frustration with trying to post under my 'system' :D

Have been taking notes of our esteemed Capitano's directions...and look forward to 'viewing' your latest extravaganza (with music:joy: )