• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crystal Serenity and Symphony

jeff

Master of the Vessel
Crystal BridgeCAMs????

Just noticed this morning that Crystal appears to be changing their camera resolutions. Crystal Symphony now has a 320 x 240 image instead of the former 640 x 480. I know in the past everyone on this forum has extolled the superior quality of Crystal's bridgecams. It appears corporate has another idea. Anyone care to start a email campaign to have the former resolution maintained? Then does anyone have an email address to someone that counts?

jeff

mikebukid

Deckhand
They only changed Crystal Symphony. The rest are still the same.

Talk about crystal's bridge cam. Look what I found. A double rainbow. :clap:
crystal_serenity_d.jpg

Liz

Deckhand
Sent MINE, Phil. THANKS Considering, lack of response I have received from my previous Crystal "inquiries", don't expect much.:mrgreen:

c-to-sea

Deckhand
I'm a little puzzled here (what's new, eh????).

The individual default pictures for Crystal that first appear are all at about
the same resolution 352x264 or thereabouts, according to 'Properties'.
The 'Entire Fleet' pictures show as 287x214. However, when the enlarged image
is brought up, properties show it at 610x457 or thereabouts. Also,
the pictures on the Crystal site differ. Harmony and Serentity are enlarged
pictures at 640x480 but Symphony is smaller and shows 320x230.
Despite what the properties show, Symphony's enlarged picture is not the
same quality as the others.
Has this resolution changed from what was showing preciously???
From what I can see, the pictures look the same as they always have.

c-to-sea

Deckhand
OOOOps!

I see it now. I was mixing picture size (pixels) with file size.
Harmony has the largest file, therefore the clearest picture.
Symphony definitely seems to have changed, with a much smaller
file size, which isn't enlarging at all well. Serenity falls somewhere
in between.
Is Symphony not being transferred out? Maybe this is why the
camera has been changed.

Seacruise

Deckhand
Liz:

I sent mine before posting here. I have no idea if it will help but I sent it anyways. I explained how they were a step above other lines and this was just another way that set them apart from other lines.
Time will tell,

Phil

Liz

Deckhand
Would you believe, I got not one, but TWO, E-Mails from Crystal....1st one said they were aware of the problem and working on it, 2nd one said that it was fixed. We shall see on the morrow.

Will write Lynne in the PR Dept a very nice "Thank you". Seems that, at least in THAT Dept, Crystal deserves 6 stars

Liz

Deckhand
Don't think it was due to me, Abacus, but the cam seems to be back in all its glory:green:

Is she anchored or turning around?
symst.jpg
symst2.jpg

Seacruise

Deckhand
Gee I wrote a email and got no reply. :(

Maybe because I haven't cruised Crystal before?

It is good to have it back though.

Phil

Liz

Deckhand
:(

Actually, Lynne in PR and I have gotten quite chatty. Possibly her response was based on the several (of unfortunately many) "lowlights" of my Crystal experience which I detailed for her (tried to do it, Dani-style:green: )

Champ2

Deckhand
Crystal Symphony in Belfast!

With the ho-ha of my computer acting up earlier - I said the wrong ship was in Belfast! It is infact the Symphony - and here is the HSS just passing, by luck, on her return from Stranraer! It is quite a bumper week for cruise ships in Belfast - Grand Princess yesterday, Saga Ruby Thursday, and Prinsendam Friday.
csbridge.jpg