• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crystal Cruises Extends Voluntourism Program to New Destinations in 2012

Ally

Deckhand
Following the successful launch of the voluntourism programme in 2011, Crystal have again decided to run the programme again in 2012.

This year there are over 45 different options for passengers to participate in across the various itineraries offered by the cruise lines....

More here :

Crystal Cruises Extends Voluntourism Program to New Destinations in 2012 | e-Global Travel Media

Is this something that you would enjoy participating in......or is it something you have already done & have experiences to share?

Acrooze

Deckhand
This sounds like an interesting idea; I've certainly heard of tour groups that offer trips with volunteerism in mind. I don't think I would want to devote an entire cruise to helping those in poverty, however. It doesn't sound like it would be relaxing or luxurious, terms that are supposed to synonymous with cruises.

L

lancashire lass

Yes I would like to do this, however my DH might have other ideas, he would not be at all interested. He does donate and has been a big help to me in my endeavours over the years. { helping gather goods and money for Dominican children, and medical supplies}