• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cruise Stalk Boo Boos Mum MSC Opera,

L

lancashire lass

Looks like Boo is having a relaxing sea day on the Opera. Hope whatever she chooses to do will be fun and that she has a great day.
Current position of MSC Opera: Under way from Copenhagen to Southampton
  • Departure was 1 d 1 hrs 47 min ago. (at 13:30 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 19 hrs 13 min. (at 09:30 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Copenhagen: 460.36 nm (852.58 km)
  • Remaining distance to Southampton: 341.57 nm (632.60 km)
  • Traveled distance since Ijmuiden (Amsterdam): 2,593.37 nm (4,802.93 km)
42[1].jpg

L

lancashire lass

OOps guys . I had it wrong :whip: Boo boards tomorrow so the ship is on its way to meet her.:)

Will take a peek tomorrow and follow her from boarding.

L

lancashire lass

Today is the day of Departure for Boo:)
Southampton is a cool 19 deg no rain and S.S. QueenElizabeth is sharing the space there today.

Current position of MSC Opera: Southampton/England
  • Time since arrival 40 min from Copenhagen/Denmark (at 09:30 h local time)
  • Time until departure 5 hrs 50 min to Ijmuiden (Amsterdam)/Netherlands (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Ijmuiden (Amsterdam): 2,934.95 nm (5,435.52 km)
Have a wonderful cruise Boo.

42[1].jpg

L

lancashire lass

75 deg and sunny in Amsterdam today. I hope Boo is having a lovely day:)

Current position of MSC Opera: Ijmuiden (Amsterdam)/Netherlands
  • Time since arrival 1 hrs 27 min from Southampton/England (at 10:30 h local time)
  • Time until departure 6 hrs 3 min to Oslo/Norway (at 18:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Southampton: 272.56 nm (504.77 km)
42[2].jpg

Ally

Deckhand
That is unfortunate...they are not berthed in the city center like usual, so they have missed the cruise down the Nord Zee Kanal which is always spectacular. They will also be missed on the city center cruise terminal webcams too :(

L

lancashire lass

How far away is the ship from the center? I have not cruised to or from Amsterdam.

Ally

Deckhand
It's a fair few miles from Ijmuiden to the city center...the sail down the canal takes about 2-4 hours depending on traffic, so the coach ride into the city will be about an hour (again depending on traffic).

Not sure why she isn't in the city center berth since it is empty...unless its down to tides when Opera arrived this morning.

L

lancashire lass

Thanks Ally. Too bad about the location. I am sure Boo will know why they docked there but will enjoy her day nevertheless.

L

lancashire lass

Looks like a very nice evening as the ship wends its way to Oslo.
42[1].jpg

L

lancashire lass

A sea day today for Boo and presently it is a sunny 24deg. I hope the day is a great one for fun and relaxation:)

Current position of MSC Opera: Under way from Ijmuiden (Amsterdam) to Oslo
  • Departure was 17 hrs 11 min ago. (at 18:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 20 hrs 49 min. (at 08:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Ijmuiden (Amsterdam): 231.19 nm (428.17 km)
  • Remaining distance to Oslo: 280.86 nm (520.15 km)
  • Traveled distance since Southampton: 503.75 nm (932.94 km)
  • Speed: 14.5 kn (26.9 km/h)
  • Course: 30°
42[1].jpg

Ally

Deckhand
There is a possibility that Opera will be diverted from Oslo due to ongoing strike action at the port. Dockers and pilots are out on strike and have already caused problems for 3 ships with a 4th already cancelled...so Boo might not get to see Oslo and currently the alternative port has not been announced for any of the cruise ships, however, last year when the bomb explosion and subsequent shootings occurred, all ships were diverted to Kristiansand instead.

Ally

Deckhand
From what Kim just posted, Opera will be going to Gothenburg, Sweden instead of a alternative Norwegian port.

L

lancashire lass

Well according to MSc 's website the Opera is docked in Oslo and I cannot find out if this is so so I will assume the cam is correct:) I will keep digging but wherever Boo is I hope she is having a wonderful time.

Current position of MSC Opera: Oslo/Norway
  • Time since arrival 7 hrs 54 min from Ijmuiden (Amsterdam)/Netherlands (at 08:00 h local time)
  • Time until departure 6 min to Stavanger/Norway (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Southampton: 784.61 nm (1,453.10 km)
42[1].jpg

L

lancashire lass

It looks as if the ship did get to oslo

Current position of MSC Opera: Under way from Oslo to Stavanger
Departure was 6 hrs 50 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)
Arrival will be in 11 hrs 10 min. (at 10:00 h local time)
Traveled distance since Oslo: 110.15 nm (204.00 km)
Remaining distance to Stavanger: 183.48 nm (339.81 km)
Traveled distance since Southampton: 894.76 nm (1,657.09 km)

Speed: 16.3 kn (30.2 km/h)
Course: 270°

Current weather in Stavanger (May 26, 2012)

The report was made 30 minutes ago, at 20:20 UTC. The wind was blowing at a speed of 1,5 meters per second (3,5 miles per hour) from west/northwest (300°). The atmospheric pressure was 1026 hPa (30.30 inHg). The relative humidity was 82,1 %. There were no clouds below 1500 meter (5000 feet) and no cumulonimbus clouds. The overall visibility was greater than 10 kilometers (6.2 miles).
42[1].jpg

Kim Viktor

Deckhand
MSC Opera never went to Oslo, if you look on marinetraffic.com her last port was Gothenburg. I think it is the shipping company that is a little bit late with the updates.