• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cruise Line Memorabilia

Carol

Deckhand
When we were in Victoria last month we came upon a hardware store that the owner collects alot of memorabilia, some of it nautical. He had these little dolls, about 8" tall, made of cloth, dressed in blue sailor suits and on their white caps they had the names of the "old" Princess ships. One said Oriana, I can't remember the other. He said the cruise lines used to give them away to the children on cruises. Has anyone ever heard of the dolls or seen them? I asked if he'd sell them and he wouldn't, darn it!
Carol

Aaron

Deckhand
Carol, those sound really cool! I've never heard of those before!;)

Where did you find this hardware store? I'd like to take a look.

Aaron

Perseus

Deckhand
Carol,
I have one somewhere in my memorobilia or at least had one from my very first sail on the Italian Liner, Vulcania from 1952.
Tony

pobore1

Deckhand
Empress of Ireland

Watched aprogramme on the sinking of the Empress of Ireland last night.Amzing to think that such a tragedy could happen in a seaway.

Aaron

Deckhand
Ah, Capital Iron! That is a really cool store, and you're right, they do have a bit of everything! I've been there before, it's quite nice.

Where did you say the dolls were?

Aaron.

Carol

Deckhand
The owner has them in a glass case in his office. He won't sell them, darn it! Out on the floor he has a Captains berth, I think it was $19,000, or something like that. If you go when the owner's there, his office is on the lower floor, see if he'll give you tour. Nice guy, but busy all the time. There's fun stuff on that lower floor, you just have to figure out what the heck it is. Didn't realize you live there until today I looked at your home port! Lucky you.
Carol