• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Costa neoRomantica - the way she looks

Cruisefan

Deckhand
much was said in the Community about the look of the neo Romantica, the overwhelming response was not very favorable, to put it mildly. Now, this Video shows how she looks from the outside with the "top-hat" and hanging gardens, aka Suites midships - and frankly her previous elegant lines have been butchered. This Video was taken from a passing cruise ship on February 14th. Please click on VIDEO and see for yourself.
happy cruising
Cruisefan
OOPS....the heading should read the way she looks...don't know how to edit the headlines here. Please forgive. Grazie.
CostaneoROMANTICA.jpg

Capricruiser

Deckhand
Perhaps the exposed midship balconies seem a little odd, but overall she looks fine to me. It's the inside design that will count on this ship which evidently will be aimed at a more adult passenger demographic and unusual, more interesting itineraries. Personally I look forward to a long cruise on the neoRomantica.

Braveheart

Deckhand
much was said in the Community about the look of the neo Romantica, the overwhelming response was not very favorable, to put it mildly. Now, this Video shows how she looks from the outside with the "top-hat" and hanging gardens, aka Suites midships - and frankly her previous elegant lines have been butchered. This Video was taken from a passing cruise ship on February 14th. Please click on VIDEO and see for yourself.
happy cruising
Cruisefan
OOPS....the heading should read the way she looks...don't know how to edit the headlines here. Please forgive. Grazie.
I've read a few negative comments on how NeoRomantica looks, thanks for the video, great to see our new balcony:)
Personally, I really dont care how the ship's exterior looks, I wont be looking at the outside, way too busy enjoying the inside and for me, had our suite not had a balcony, I wouldnt have been sailing on her. I agree, she is not the prettiest at sea, but oooh, that makes me want to fall in love with her a little more. Poor wee ugly duckling :(
One of the ugliest ships we sailed, was P&O's OLD Arcadia, which they turned into an Ocean Village. She really wasnt very pretty at all, and yet her interior, - I was on the final voyage, and I thought it was so sad that they would rip apart her essence to turn it into a "play ship". I often wonder did they keep the beautiful atrium and blue glass area - it was so lovely.
Another odd ship I sailed on was Norwegian Dream, who has been stretched, although they I think did make rather a good job of it although there was a lot of "up one deck, down two decks" to get from A to B wthin the ship. Still loved her though.
Fortunately as I say, I wont be the one standing with camera on hand watching her sail away, I'll be inside, enjoying what I see so far, as being an elegant and very chic boutique style ship.
Bring it on :biggrinbounce2::dancing_banana::biggrinbounce2: