• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Costa Allegra off to China

Liz

Deckhand
According to Cruise News Daily, Costa Allegra is now "off to Shanghai" on a repositioning cruise to start her Chinese schedule. She has just completed a multi-million dollar refit in preparation for this.

Picture is from the public section of CND...note the addition to her logo.
costachinese.jpg

Peebeegee

Deckhand
Something makes me think you would not have the attached ship:nono:
Any guesses where and what?
Cheers Paul
Cruise 220.jpg

Liz

Deckhand
Scary thing is that I think I remember seeing this ship on the forum, before, a loooooong time ago.

A guess is that she is a Chinese space craft tracking ship. Where.....wild guess....Panama

Peebeegee

Deckhand
:clap: :clap: She is indeed Liz. Named Yuanwang 2 and one of several identical ships. Hopefully the Chinese manage to pilot their spacecraft better than they pilot their ships though. The attached photo is after they managed to ram the dock in Papeete having been moored up. Suddenly she shot straight ahead breaking her mooring lines and even dropping the anchors did not stop her.
Cheers. Paul
Cruise 216.jpg

Liz

Deckhand
:shock: "Full ahead" probably not the best command to give when tied to a dock. When WAS this?????

Still wracking my brain, trying to figure out under what context saw her or one of her sisters on the forum and pretty sure that it WAS in Panama:duh: :duh:

Peebeegee

Deckhand
24th October 2004 while waiting to be taken to the airport to fly home. If you check your calendar you will find that was a Sunday hence various comments about Papeete on a Sunday:D
Not a lot open but,fortunately, the pub was:joy:
Cheers. Paul
Cruise 224.jpg