• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer help needed please!

BarbO1999

Deckhand
I have a technical question....but not related to ct...

Friday night my computer kept telling updates were ready it had been bugging me for a few weeks really. so I pushed install updates now I can not load internet explorer it just keeps saying connecting almost like the whole program is not there. also, my internet explorer 6 is replaced by 3 icons on the desktop for internet explorer 7 and will not load...any suggestions!???? I know it is not the actual internet connection cause it works on my work computer which is wireless connection.as you can see and I can get my email through outlook!

Ally

Deckhand
I have a technical question....but not related to ct...

Friday night my computer kept telling updates were ready it had been bugging me for a few weeks really. so I pushed install updates now I can not load internet explorer it just keeps saying connecting almost like the whole program is not there. also, my internet explorer 6 is replaced by 3 icons on the desktop for internet explorer 7 and will not load...any suggestions!???? I know it is not the actual internet connection cause it works on my work computer which is wireless connection.as you can see and I can get my email through outlook!
Unfortunately I can't help you, Barb. I gave up fighting with IE looooooong time ago when I started using FireFox. IE is always tempermental and unstable...a bit like a few here really ;):laughalot:

Enrique

Deckhand
Barb, it must be either a conflict with the firewall or Internet Explorer 7 has incorrect settings.

Go to "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstall IE7. It will automatically revert back to IE6, then reinstall IE7 by using the link below:

Internet Explorer 7: downloads

Good luck! :)

BarbO1999

Deckhand
Barb, it must be either a conflict with the firewall or Internet Explorer 7 has incorrect settings.

Go to "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstall IE7. It will automatically revert back to IE6, then reinstall IE7 by using the link below:

Internet Explorer 7: downloads

Good luck! :)
Thanks that is what the computer technician I use for work told me to do and it went back to IE 6. Do you think I should download the IE7 or just stay with 6.0 I have no idea what the difference is!

MD11F

Deckhand
Thanks that is what the computer technician I use for work told me to do and it went back to IE 6. Do you think I should download the IE7 or just stay with 6.0 I have no idea what the difference is!
Keep IE 6, Barb. I don't have the problem you have, but the browser is so different, I don't use it. I use FireFox most of the time, and occassionally, Netscape 8.1.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Barb....I'd recommend keeping IE 6 as well. I downloaded IE7 a few months ago and have been having nothing but problems since. From my experience, I don't recommend it.