• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CharlieW flies Friday, June 2, for Constellation

CharlieW

Deckhand
The bb gives me high speed broadband connection with the new Edge technology. The ship basically has dial up. So I have a faster connection. I can even see the thumbnails *nd images. We are currently about 1 mile out of the port and still have a connection.

Dani

Deckhand
Jeff is wearing your shirt Charlie.

That is why everyone keeps calling him Charlie !

He wore my shirt too, but did not like being called Dani !

CharlieW

Deckhand
Last night was the captains dinner and last formal night. Shrimp cocktail appetizers, lobster dinner and a wonderful selection of desserts including baked Alaska.

Last night's show was "Celebrate the World". This was by far the best show put on by the Celebrity Singers and Dancers.

We are currently on a train heading into Berlin. Its a 3 hour train ride. We have 2 hours to go. Berlin will be nuts today because of the World Cup. Brazil plays Croatia tonight.

Will give you another update late this afternoon (your morning) on our 3 hour train ride back.

Liz do you ever sleep?

Cliff its now the wallpaper on my blackberry. Just let go my Voyager of the Seas (in Labadee) wallpaper.

Liz

Deckhand
Am confused, Charlie as to where Constellation is docked.......as it appears to be across the channel from the Cruise Terminal & the train station:confused:

That should be Aurora, up ahead to port:confused:
CharliedockedWarne.jpg

c-to-sea

Deckhand
Liz

She is at LP41 - freight/ferry terminal across the harbour from the Cruise
Terminal, according to the Warnemunde port website schedule. Was
going to ask the same question myself as only 2 other ships in today.

Dani

Deckhand
That capture is great but it is so bright, it gives me a headache !

Charlie, you have discovered the truth about Liz. No, she does not sleep. She was actually built by Disney. She is a new proto-type of a Cruise passenger. She is on loan to our Forums to check how long she can run before she needs a drydock. So far they are very happy with her battery backup.

Liz

Deckhand
:D

Actually slept GREAT last night, for a change:roll: Bed at 9.....up at 11:30 for a little stalking......back to sleep til 6am or so:p

Liz

Deckhand
Wind screens, which I am sure are put out by the hotels.......there is a whole line of hotels along that strip.

CharlieW

Deckhand
Yes we are in a narrow canal with a ciuple of ferry's.

This place is nuts! World Cup Fever! Lots of people and 90 degrees. Settling in for the 3 hour train ride back to the ship. Saw all the major sites - brandenburge gate, checkpoint Charlie, War Memorial, Holocaust Memorial, East Berlin, West Berlin, New/Old berlin, lots of Croatians and Brazilians. They play each other tonight in the World Cup in Berlin. I'm hot, tired, cranky, and I think I picked up a cold.

Dani

Deckhand
Dr.Mom prescription.

So back to ship, clean up, put on Pj's, order room service and relax. Sleep, Sleep.

After the Berlin trip, which I hear is a day buster, you need to pamper yourself. If not you could get sick.

Liz

Deckhand
:cry: Oh, dear. YES, totally agree with Dr. Mom:clap:

Afraid,......hot, tired, cranky and maybe "coming down with a cold" was pretty much par for the course for those returning from Berlin to Westerdam:shock:

Did you get bussed to the train station or have to take that little ferry?

CharlieW

Deckhand
Ahhhh!!!! Bartender just came by with German beer. I just got my second wind!

We went near the beach this morning but did not see those structures. Ship leaves tonight at 9:30pm (approx 3 hours from now). We should be back on board at 9.

The train that took us to berlin was right next to the ship. Came off the gangway, through customs, and onto train. But not the train terminal.