• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Celebrity Solstice - loved it!

We recently enjoyed our first cruise with Celebrity - Celebrity Solstice - and loved every minute of it. The ship itself is elegantly designed and you feel like you're in the lobby of a five-star hotel rather on a cruise ship.
The food is fabulous - both what is included in your fare and the specialty restaurants - and the bars were great. We especially gained an affinity for the Molecular Bar, whose specialty is cocktails and serve only their own 'concoctions' such as Tanned Russian, Black Samba and Dragonfly.
You can read about Celebrity Solstice at our (Nat is in my avatar) ad-free blog, where we review all our cruises. I am a professional photographer, so there are tons of great photos and lots of info on all our cruises, including Celebrity Solstice, the review of which can be seen HERE.
solstice1.jpg
cocktail.jpg
epernay.jpg
pool.jpg

maggie 16

Deckhand
Celebrity is our favorite line, and we loved the Solstice and Silouette. We just booked with RCCL because Celebrity and Princess are not sailing from New York or New Jersey next year and we really do not want to fly unless absolutely necessary. We live in Ct. so can drive to NJ. Somewhat nervous sailing on Royal Caribbean, but I am sure it will be fine!
Marguerite

Celebrity is our favorite line, and we loved the Solstice and Silouette. We just booked with RCCL because Celebrity and Princess are not sailing from New York or New Jersey next year and we really do not want to fly unless absolutely necessary. We live in Ct. so can drive to NJ. Somewhat nervous sailing on Royal Caribbean, but I am sure it will be fine!
Marguerite
Hi Margeurite,
We've cruised with Royal Caribbean twice and enjoyed both, so you should be fine. Admittedly, Celebrity is lovely but Royal Caribbean aren't too far behind. What ship are you cruising on?
Ciao,
Giulio

maggie 16

Deckhand
The Explore of the Seas, it's the only ship sailing from NJ? Out first cruise in the 80's was on The Sovereign of the Seas. We really didn't care for it and stopped cruising for years,then, we started again and now we are hooked. So, it probably wasn't Royal Caribbean that we didn't like, just cruising!
Marg

The Explore of the Seas, it's the only ship sailing from NJ? Out first cruise in the 80's was on The Sovereign of the Seas. We really didn't care for it and stopped cruising for years,then, we started again and now we are hooked. So, it probably wasn't Royal Caribbean that we didn't like, just cruising!
Marg
Hi Marg,
We're cruising on Rhapsody of the Seas in November and can't wait. Celebrity is fabulous but we have no qualms with Royal Caribbean. Also, and you may have noticed this, is there a big difference between cruising in the 80s and cruising now?
Ciao,
Giulio