• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Celebrity Millennium 4/30/06 Transatlantic

Dani

Deckhand
BBT. I was sure someone would come up with the tag line for my message.

Good one, you won the bet !

robyn

Gondoliere
Jackie...so sorry to take so long to respond....I've been a bit 'hit & miss' with the forum of late due to work/social committments...trying to get around all the posts tonight :roll:

Yes, it was Burnie aboard Oriana late February, and so far as I am aware this is the only Tasmanian port which gives cruise pax such a wonderful welcome & farewell. Absolutely brilliant & enthusiastic volunteers who meet, greet etc & return to the pier for sailaway complete with a local pipe band! :joy: Very memorable....pity Mercury is not calling there.

Jackie said:
No it was Oriana in Burnie Tasmania.
Question: do all tasmanian ports treat passengers in the same way?

robyn

Gondoliere
Terry :joy: WOW!!!! Just had a quick peek at a couple of your albums...fantastic photos. Don't have time to look at all of them tonight....but the weekend is coming up, and our weather here promises to be wet & wild....so I have a treat in store :D Thanks :clap: :clap:

Liz

Deckhand
Got an answer to my E-Mail to Valencia regarding the mysterious "platforms". THANK YOU, "Communicat Valencia":clap: :clap:

They are mussel beds......paella, here they come:D
barges1.jpg
barges2.jpg

Dani

Deckhand
Okay, Rodney....ah ...Cliff....

Great Dangerfield type line....You just proved that some of our best comedians come from Canada...along with lots of other fine items.

Living in Canada looking better all the time ....

Liz

Deckhand
:dancer: :dancer:

As Terry said, when I told her I got a response, "Poor little mussels have to have SOMEWHERE to sleep":joy: :green:

Dani

Deckhand
One of the Brits should be able to tell us the lyrics to the Song about
Mussel, Cockles...or something like that...

Jackie

Deckhand
MOLLY MALONE

In Dublin's fair city where girls are so pretty
Twas there that I first met sweet Molly Malone
As she wheeled her wheelbarrow
Through street broad and narrow
Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive oh"

Alive, alive oh, alive, alive oh,

Now she was a fishmonger and sure twas no wonder
For so were her mother and father before
And they each wheeled their barrows
Through streets broad and narrow
She died of a faver and no one could save her
And that was the end of sweet Molly Malone
Now her ghost wheels her barrow
Through streets broad and narrow
Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive

Dani

Deckhand
Thank you, I love that song. My grandmother would sing it to me, but I could not remember the words. Now I remember the tune.

Dreamy

Deckhand
Wonder how much has changed?

This review is a bit dated, but I loved reading it. I've been to Barcelona and would love to see Valencia and Gibraltar. To borrow a pun, your review "rocks." I know -- I know. But thanks for giving so many details about your tours.