• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Casual Cooks 101

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
Tonight we are having the neighbor guy over for dinner. I take care of his place during the year. It is one of his homes...HE is up for a few days & brought me some of his homemade wine last night!!! He is a little Italian man that makes great stuff!!!
oh the home made wine, the kind where you have a glass or two and then cant walk...lol

Chucksta63

Deckhand
Oh Dinner was Great!!!
I made my fried Chicken...
Thin sliced Chicken Breast.
Dredge it in flour (seasoned) Then in an egg bath...then into the bread crumb mixture....Then it is ready to fry!!!
Home made whiped(mashed) potatoes with paprika on top!!
Cesar Salad
Peter brought Desert
Homemade Approcot pie!!!!
A coupe glasses of vino & we were good for the night!!!

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
Can anybody guess what I am serving my company tonight ? I'll give you a clue.... I have an abundance of it....lol
crab legs...........I would love to order in, and not have to cook for them.....
But no such luck.....

BoHunk

Deckhand
Kyle taught me to make a decent recipe with Penne..
Cook hamburger and sausage up...add Ragu to it...stiffen with Tomato paste if needed...set aside...
Cook Penne noodles....and throw Chci breasts in the George Forman...

When done...put a glob of Penne noodles on the plate...lather on the sause/meat mix....srpinkle with Maz cheese....add slided up Chci breast...parm cheese and eat..easy peasy....

Chucksta63

Deckhand
Have you ever put fish in foil to cook it?
How do you cook it?
On the grill or oven......I'm sure Karyn can answer this one....

BoHunk

Deckhand
well...we dont cook a ton of fish but when we made salmon...we put it in the dishwasher! I swear...its the best..
You smother it in one of the salad dressings...like Italian ot such...then wrap in Metal Wrap (tin foil) and give it a room to tent...toss it on the top rack of the dishwasher..nothing else in there...no soap or dirty dishes...and hit run..it will steam perfect with no mess to fuss over...you can toss come corn on the cob in as well...just butter and salft and toss in foil to steam...

Trust me..I know these things as I am lazy!