• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Casual Cooks 101

Chucksta63

Deckhand
So here is a place you can talk about cooking & whats for dinner & lunch!!!
No need to go to other websites we have it all right here!!!!
I am the cook in our house & tonight it is maple crusted porkchops, Cesar Salad & apple sauce!!!
Yummmm

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
I love to cook, I wish I had a big kitchen with an island for entertaining...

I would love to have soemone cook me dinner and clean up afterwards....
lol

Chuck your dinner sounds wonderful, well except for the applesauce..lol:laughalot:

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
51 days till the cruise ship...and you will get this....:laughalot:

good point, only I mean a home cooked meal, in my house... Even when I go to others for dinner, i feel like I have to clean up....

I am making a pot of ham and bean soup today:) .... Sure wish I knew how to make chicken noodle....:bawling:

Chucksta63

Deckhand
good point, only I mean a home cooked meal, in my house... Even when I go to others for dinner, i feel like I have to clean up....

I am making a pot of ham and bean soup today:) .... Sure wish I knew how to make chicken noodle....:bawling:
Open can.......Pour in bowl.....put in Microwave.....Heat for 90 sec.
Eat
Easy....LOL:dancing_banana:

alphakitty

Deckhand
Hey Lisa...Here's a good recipe for a quick and delicious chicken soup. You can add noodles as the recipe calls for, or rice or potatoes and vegetables to it. Yummmm.

INGREDIENTS
1 (2 to 3 pound) stewing chicken
2 1/2 quarts water
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 1/2 cups uncooked fine noodles

DIRECTIONS
In a large soup kettle, place chicken and all ingredients except noodles. Cover and bring to a boil; skim broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool. Debone chicken and cut into chunks. Skim fat from broth; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook until noodles are done. Return chicken to kettle; adjust seasonings to taste. Remove bay leaf before serving.

eldragon

Deckhand
We don't eat pork, but I'm sure they are delicious.

Last night I made the kids hamburgers and made my husband and I sauteed shrimp with vegetables.

It's so easy - just buy the large shrimp and sautee. Buy a bag of frozen mixed vegetables - not the plain old peas and carrots, but the fancier type with asparagus and other more exotic vegetables. Sautee them and combine the two - season to taste.

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
Thanks Mary,
I will try this recipe... and let you know how it turns out...

Tonight it is chicken noodle from a can.. and then bed...

Mystery Gal

Deckhand
I don't think I have to cook tonight. Something is smelling very yummy coming from down the hall. I think I will go check it out.

Chucksta63

Deckhand
Tonight we are having the neighbor guy over for dinner. I take care of his place during the year. It is one of his homes...HE is up for a few days & brought me some of his homemade wine last night!!! He is a little Italian man that makes great stuff!!!