• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carnival Perks would you pay extra?

• Thread starter lancashire lass
  • Start date
L

lancashire lass

Carnival is changing its frequent cruiser program.
If you have not reached a higher enough level to partake in such things as,
Priority boarding/ disembarking/ tenders.
Priority dining reservations.
stay on ship longer
special line at guest services.

Do you think it would be worth it to you to just pay the extra?

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
To me, no. Cruise lines never started out as nickel and dime you like they want to do now. I'll just do without, never hurt me before and it won't hurt me now. I'll be content with what I paid for.
:) :) :) :)

L

lancashire lass

Yes I think {if Carnival does this} it will pave the way for others to do it, more revenue and their eyes are on the cash cow possibilities.
I didn't get a survey on this but my daughter did, also my husbands niece who only sails with Carnival.

L

lancashire lass

This seems to be the way most cruise lines adds to its profits.

MissMolly

Deckhand
None of those things would be important enough to me for me to pay extra for the privileges. I do hope that priority boarding/disembarking will not be an extra fee for those with disabilities, like it is with most airlines.

L

lancashire lass

I didn't know that priority boarding for the disabled cost extra, shame on them.

cactus8

Deckhand
None of those things would be important enough to me for me to pay extra for the privileges. I do hope that priority boarding/disembarking will not be an extra fee for those with disabilities, like it is with most airlines.
Airlines do not charge for priority boarding for those needing special assistance. My mom boards first as she has mobility issues.

L

lancashire lass

Perhaps Cactus some airlines do charge extra fees for the disabled. Sounds like Molly had experience with that.
So many extra charges now I can't keep up which airline does what:)

cactus8

Deckhand
Miss Molly never stated she has paid extra for priority boarding on airlines. She stated "as most airlines do". Very vague...and not true. You will pay for first class priority boarding as that is part of the ticket price, not the same as boarding ahead of others due to disabilities. Anyone in doubt can check with the myriad of airlines which serve our airports.

L

lancashire lass

Thanks Cactus. Perhaps Molly will qualify what she meant when she gets back to the boards.:)

Beach Mouse

Deckhand
I've never cruised before, my 1st cruise (when I book it) will be in February 2014. So naturally we have not reached "any" level I've searched through the message boards on carnival.com and from what I have read, it looks like for people like us who don't have the frequent cruiser status you should purchase the FTTF (Fastest To The Fun) card in order to get priority boarding. First on are those that have cruised with Carnival before, then those with mobility issues. It also lets you go into the main dining room faster without having a long wait and there is a special lineup for the guest services desk.
My husband has to use a rollator (walker with wheels) and I use a cane and neither of us can stand for long periods of time so I"m buying the FTTF for sure.

Pam in CA

Captain
Every cruise line I've been on (Princess, HAL, Celebrity and RCCL) has had priority boarding for those with mobility issues. I haven't been on Carnival but I would be surprised if they didn't. If you don't mind one of you asking for a wheelchair, you can save yourself some money although you won't be able to go directly to your cabin. Just FYI, at least two lines that I know of (Princess and HAL) don't even start boarding (which usually starts between 11:30am-Noon) until all cabins are ready and available. This means no waiting and you can go direct to your cabin as soon as you board, drop off your things and go to lunch. :)

joe rosa

Deckhand
I've never cruised before, my 1st cruise (when I book it) will be in February 2014. So naturally we have not reached "any" level I've searched through the message boards on carnival.com and from what I have read, it looks like for people like us who don't have the frequent cruiser status you should purchase the FTTF (Fastest To The Fun) card in order to get priority boarding. First on are those that have cruised with Carnival before, then those with mobility issues. It also lets you go into the main dining room faster without having a long wait and there is a special lineup for the guest services desk.
My husband has to use a rollator (walker with wheels) and I use a cane and neither of us can stand for long periods of time so I"m buying the FTTF for sure.
SORRY BUT HERE IS THE REAL LOW-DOWN FTTF LETS YOU GET ON BOARD SHIP SOONER THAN MOST GUEST , LETS YOU DISEMBARK SOONER, YOU GET A SPECIAL LINE TO SPEAK WITH THE GUEST DESK ( SO YOU DO NOT WAIT WITH THE LOL COMMON FOLK) BUT YOU DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GET IN THE DINING ROOM SOONER THE DOORS TO RESTURANT OPEN AT SAME TIME FOR ALL