• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Captain flies to Venice on May 15 for Grand Princess

Jackie

Deckhand
Please , please send us some sun; I am SOOOOOOO fed up of rain.:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:
I need a cruise.

Liz

Deckhand
Jackie, looks like just MAYBE NJ will actually have a sunny warm spring day, today, FOR A CHANGE:pray: Naturally, today and tomorrow will be two of my scheduled back in the office days:roll:

Got this one earlier of Jewel from Grand, when she was manuevering to dock this morning
jewelfromgrand2.jpg

Peebeegee

Deckhand
Two large cruise ships in port on the same day; I just bet the criminal elements of the Neapolitan population, and there are quite a few, are over the moon about the prospects for rich pickings. Just consider the following reference:

Organised crime is deep-rooted in Naples. The Camorra, the feuding Neapolitan gangs and families, have a long history and are now more of a threat in Italy than the Sicillian-based Mafia. During 2004 over 120 people died in Naples in Camorra killings, many of the deaths drug-trade related

Naples is certainly not my favourite Italian city although I do know a great restaurant on Capri with views out across the Bay of Naples that a) makes real pizza's that are b) inexpensive:joy:
Cheers. Paul

robyn

Gondoliere
Liz, I found your post interesting for 2 reasons -

1. You have 2 scheduled days 'back in the office' ?? So like me you 'retire' & then somehow slip back into 'semi-retirement' ? :D
2. We always pounce on Princess cam headings when they get the spelling or even the location :shock: wrong, but noticed your Grand Princess capture actually has the correct spelling as in, Napoli (for Naples) & Italia (for Italy)....must have been a local on the bridge at the time ;)

Liz said:
Jackie, looks like just MAYBE NJ will actually have a sunny warm spring day, today, FOR A CHANGE:pray: Naturally, today and tomorrow will be two of my scheduled back in the office days:roll:

Got this one earlier of Jewel from Grand, when she was manuevering to dock this morning

c-to-sea

Deckhand
Ah, but did you notice the last couple of days when they were in Skagway
but trying to tell us they were in Juneau. After the 'top of the mountain'
position report lasy year, I don't know if I want to entrust my valuable
self to Princess navigation. They have now corrected Sapphire's cam
from this morning. Guess the Captain woke up.

Liz

Deckhand
Robyna, just a couple of days this week and next to deal with the auditors for last year's audits......BORING, very little to do.

Cliff, I have been quite impressed with whoever is handling the cam on Grand, actually showing proper captions and some real imagination as to cam shots:clap: :clap: . Just GRAND P, please note:roll:

dj victor

Deckhand
2. We always pounce on Princess cam headings when they get the spelling or even the location :shock: wrong, but noticed your Grand Princess capture actually has the correct spelling as in, Napoli (for Naples) & Italia (for Italy)....must have been a local on the bridge at the time

Liz

Deckhand
Glaucoma, it was, but it had an acute in front of it:shock: (Cute it was not;) )

Learned something today,

1.the Livorno cam appears to refresh about every hour:roll: , but IF a cruise ship just happened to be coming or going at JUST the right minute, I think she could be seen.

2. It takes FOREVER to go through the Kiel Canal!!!!!!!