• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can You Identify.....

Liz

Deckhand
That is Lions Gate Bridge coming into Vancouver. And AIS says, "YES" that is Veendam, having just come under the same bridge.

Ship in Juneau should be Diamond Princess

sealegs

Deckhand
:) Good evening, BDAdaughter,

In actual fact, the bridge you see from NCL Wind is the 2nd narrows bridge, aka the Ironworkers Memorial bridge, linking North Vancouver ( to the left ) and Burnaby ( to the right ).

NCL Wind always docks stern in, on her starboard, North berth, thus the angle.
Also, per the clock, she's actually not quite '' settled in'' yet, merely manoeuvering to a complete mooring, and is facing the view you see there more directly than once properly moored.
Veendam, on your second shot, just came under the Lions Gate bridge, heading towards her ultimate mooring Eastside dock; she pulled in bow first.

Of interest, the other two ships in town today are GTS Infinity and Serenade of the Seas, respectively Westside dock ( to her starboard, bow in) and Ballantyne docks ( backed in, stern first).
Sundays are our '' big ship '' days here in Vancouver.

Cheers
Claude
;)

sealegs

Deckhand
:) Good evening, BDAdaughter,

That IS a great shot. Pointing due W/NW...2 hours prior to sunset. LionsGate bridge is over to the right of that pix, heading into Burrard Inlet and on to CanadaPlace qhere the ships berth. At approx 4.30//5.00am-ish, they show up within range of your captured picture on their way from Alaska .

Your various pictures submittal are quite well done and appreciated.

Happy sailings
Cheers
Claude
;)

NJVIC

Deckhand
That would be my guess too - golf swing practice - although they can use it to corral people that had a few to many.

VIc.

Jackie

Deckhand
Possibly MSC Sinfonia which is also in Barcelona, along with Millenium, Costa Fortuna as well as Golden Princess.
not sure whether she has a red funnel though.

Lancashirelad

Deckhand
Sorry Sealegs, its not QE2, she was in Southampton on that date and QM2 was on her way to New York to pick up Jeff. Sorry, BDAdaughter, I don't know who she is.

Liz

Deckhand
BDA, I have no idea, either, about "red funnel". No one listed on Barcelona port schedule that could possibly fit.....wonder if she could be a ferry:confused:

#1 ship in first post I have seen before in Corfu. Spent quite a bit of time then, trying to identify her, with no luck:duh: :duh: #3 from Amadea in Kiel was one of the Color Line Ferries.....probably Color Fantasy