• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brits choosing not to visit Greece according to survey.

L

lancashire lass

Because of the present situation in Greece this survey states that many UK travellers are giving it a miss.
Would you choose to visit Greece this year or next?

Greece

AmoMondo

Deckhand
Already am....doing a cruise starting from Venice and visiting mainly places in Greece in September (Rhodes, mykanos, Santorini, Corfu and Piraeus).

I won't be going in to Athens but other than that, don't think I'll have any issues. I'm not going to be relying on public transport to get around or loacal tour companies, so Inthink I'll have a great time in the sun, wandering around on foot. Might even get a few bargains!

sidari

Deckhand
We will be visiting Greece and the islands end of April and into May starting with our most visited and favourite island of Corfu where we have a car hired to go and visit friends, we will also head into Athens again but not to the Parthenon this time.

L

lancashire lass

Never set foot in Greece, sailed around it from Turkey on a friends boat. I would still go despite the upheavals I just just would expect delays.:)

Adrian

Deckhand
What exactly is going on in Greece right now that's deterring 1/3 from visiting? I read the article but it didn't go into detail about the "crisis" in Greece. Personally, I would love to see Greece, especially Athens and the Parthenon, but if the crisis is a potentially dangerous situation for foreigners, I would have to take a pass until it's safer.

L

lancashire lass

Adrian it is because right now the Greek economy is facing huge changes ,and the Greeks are protesting high taxes and loss of pensions {or big reductions} there might well be general wildcat strikes that could delay travel.:(