• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bottles of Vodka via Roomservice

middy

Deckhand
Have never travelled Celebrity before, recently things have been changing aboard ships re alcohol. Am aware that I can purchase a gift package with vodka in it, but does anyone know if you can still purchase bottles via room service.

Ally

Deckhand
Usually in-cabin alcohol orders are for intra-EU cruises only...according to the line, of course. For instance on the mini cruise I did in July on Braemar, I had an orderform in the cabin for alcoholic & soft drinks, cigars/cigarettes etc. John has that now as I took the entire folder of info with me and sent it to him and Mary.

middy

Deckhand
Chris and I like to pour ourselves a pre-dinner vodka and a nightcap, mixed to our requirements so hence we like a bottle. Never had any trouble taking our own onboard with Thomsons etc. Not allowed on Princess, RCI, Celebrity. But could order on room service $20 for litre Absolute on Princess.

Ally

Deckhand
That is where a difference is...British lines vs US ones...you can still do alot on a British or European ship that you can't on an US one.

middy

Deckhand
Wanting to know whether you can order from room service (bottles) or may have to order two gift packs, well it is a 10 day cruise.:D

middy

Deckhand
Still no takers on this question? Can you still order bottles from room service on Celebrity ships ?
Need to order gift package soon, need to know if I order one or two.

Ally

Deckhand
I would email Celebrity customer service, Middy, they should know..in theory at least. Phil has sailed with them a few times, but I doubt he would know, but no harm in asking him I guess, if you want me to.

middy

Deckhand
Well have tried ordering via UK office and have sent E-mail still no luck with drinks package, can we order via room service ?

middy

Deckhand
Not had much luck when telephoning Cruise line with respect to ordering Liquor package. First I was told by UK office would not allow them to do from their computer, nice lady couldn't understand why, said she would contact Miami and would get back to me. Heard no more but on saying that my Mother lives with us and she is no good at taking messages just tells them I'm at work so could have called. Called a second time was told I could not order a package even though was still advertised on US site, told him still advertised but he then went on to ask if I was over 21 gave it up as a bad job. Have since E-mailed got an automated response that received but as yet no reply. Was hoping I could find info from former passenger as really do not want to be phoning them anymore the last gent put me off that idea. :no:

Piney

Deckhand
I don’t know if there are restrictions on hard liquor vs. wine, but as of last year we had a bottle of wine delivered to our stateroom on Celebrity and as of a week ago on RCI we ordered a bottle of wine delivered to the room.

techluck

Deckhand
Seems like the regulations change so frequently would almost have to be there at the time to see if one could order in the room and receive it.

tater03

Deckhand
I am a little confused. I had no idea that you wouldn't be able to order alcohol to your room? What is the reasoning behind not allowing it? I have never had the need to but just never realized if I wanted to that it would be a problem.

riskey58

Deckhand
Hello

I never realized that you were not allowed to order alcohol and have it brought to your room. That is really hard to believe.

middy

Deckhand
No apparant option for ordering bottles although each room has own stocked fridge full of cans and minatures which will be added to your ship account if used.