• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bermuda Bound

BDAdaughter

Deckhand
To answer a question from Dani, the big ships can go in but only to Dockyard in the West End. This is Voyager oS from last year and she's very similar to Explorer oS. Also view from dock... will post more pix here
Voyager of Seas.jpg
w Voyager 1a.JPG
West End 1.jpg

Lancashirelad

Deckhand
QE2 used to visit Bermuda about once a year, but since QM2 took over the transatlantic run she has not as far a I know been. Anyone know why?

BDAdaughter

Deckhand
Stephen - I have pictures of QE2 there - you reminded me. I will find and post for you. Yes, she was a regular and had to tender. Don't know why QM doesn't because the new dock would accommodate her...

Lancashirelad

Deckhand
Thanks BDAdaughter, I look forward to seeing those :D . Maybe Cunard will sent QE2, QM2 or even the new QV over there. I just hope if they do I have enough money to book the cruise :D

BDAdaughter

Deckhand
Lancashirelad said:
Thanks BDAdaughter, I look forward to seeing those . Maybe Cunard will sent QE2, QM2 or even the new QV over there. I just hope if they do I have enough money to book the cruise
These are old so colors are poor - but she looks good (which is more than I can say for me in # 3 :oops: ) Only because I understand your passion for the Queen, as I have for Bermuda, that I decided to send 3 ---- and wait to see how I end up on the cartoon thread :rolleyes: :nono:
:D
QE II 1a.jpg
QE II 1b.jpg
QE II 1c.jpg

Lancashirelad

Deckhand
Thats for posting them BDAdaughter, she looks good, but I think she looks better with a red funnel :D , don't know why they painted it white :confused: . I am sure no one will use pic 3 as a cartoon, or will they? :roll:

Dani

Deckhand
nope no cartoon....She looks pretty good...foxy lady in Bermuda....

That goes for the ship also.

Carolyn Jane

Deckhand
Sooo...why are there no portcams in Bermuda?? I will be there on Zenith in August...looking forward to seeing the other ships there at that time...CJ

BDAdaughter

Deckhand
CarolynJane said:
Sooo...why are there no portcams in Bermuda?? I will be there on Zenith in August...looking forward to seeing the other ships there at that time...CJ
Actually there are at least 3
first is St George but it's very hard to make out ships (used to be a GREAT cam)

second one shows same rooftops EVERYDAY

third one daily of Hamilton but does not update

Did Zenith to there twice (2002, 2005) nice ship

http://www.weather.bm/webcam.html
http://www.bermudashorts.bm/glencam/
http://www.hamiltonharbour.net/Camera1.jpg

Dani

Deckhand
CarolynJane, unless they have updated the bed in your cabin...be sure to ask for a mattress topper immediately.

I thought they had re-done all the beds but I am still hearing reports that they have not....

The old beds, are ....well..... OLD !

If you tend to get warm...pack a small little room fan...we always do, as the air temp is not all that cool in the rooms.

Otherwise, should be a great sail.

Liz

Deckhand
Pitch dark, when I found this last night.......didn't know til this morning what you could see:joy: :green:

Off she goes:D
bermudacamshot2.jpg

joespit

Deckhand
Liz love the cam thanks Got this of one leaving. Hard to get control of the cam. You move it and somebody else moves it.
oneshotimage.jpg

Dani

Deckhand
Liz,

This a learning experience to work these cameras. I have my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth trying to move it around...

Is this another one of the "fight for control " cameras....cause I want to look at the ship way out there and someone else seems to want to zoom in on the bedroom windows !

But how beautiful the water is there...no wonder people want to go there plus as an added benefit for some of us...it can be rocky going over and back... He-Haw !

joespit

Deckhand
Dani So that was you fighting me for the control. Just when I had it zoomed in you moved it. LOL I was checking out the decor.:dancer: