• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Barbados Departure tax

John

Deckhand
I understand that the Barbados authorities impose a charge of $25 on departure from the island. As my cruise ends in Barbados and so will fly home from there will I be charged this amount at the airport, or is it included within the cruise price.

My gut feeling is it is included within the cruise price.

Ally

Deckhand
When I flew out of Argentina after my cruise, I and the rest of the passengers flying on my flight had to pay the exit tax at the airport after checking in and before passport control.

Ally

Deckhand
Every time I or other passengers have had to pay entrance/exit tax its always been seperate to the cost of the holiday. I would make sure you have the money with you just incase. You should be advised on the ship but it would be an idea to have it ready after you check in at the airport.

Norman

Deckhand
Departing from Cuba, we had to have a seperate stamp stuck on our aircraft boarding pass, costing us £15. I would imagine the same happens at Barbados.

Ally you will be the same as myself, you will be exempt as a cruise passenger, when you visit Cuba, I suspect we will be exempt from Barbados as cruise passengers. (I hope!) Have been trying to research the subject with no avail for the last two weeks.

Norman

Ally

Deckhand
I know for Chile there is an entry/exit tax, paid at the airport before passport control, for all US passport holders but no-one else. Argentina there is an exit tax, before passport control, for everyone.

Tbh, I personally would take some money with me just incase. Before I went to Chile, several people had been told the tax had been stopped, only to find that it hadn't ($100 entry/$35 exit at the airport) and they were caught out.

I say play it safe, keep money with you as even if advised that it doesn't apply to you, until you get to the airport, you really do not know.

Ally

Deckhand
The easiest way to find out if there is a chance of a fee....check out the Foreign Office policy for the country concerned. If UK borders charge them a fee coming in...chances are you will when visiting them...tit for tat charges.

Norman

Deckhand
BARBADOS - *Passport and proof of sufficient funds required. Passport must be valid beyond the duration of this visit to Barbados. Cruise passengers planning to disembark in Barbados must have a valid passport. [Tourist] visa not required for stays up to six months. Departure tax of $12.50 ($25 BDS) paid at the airport. Visa requires 2 completed visa application forms, 2 passport sized photos accompanied by a valid passport. A $25 fee is required for single entry and $30 for multiple entry (cash or money order only). Single-/Multiple-entry visas valid for 3 months. Business visa requires work permit and letter from host or company in Barbados. For more information, contact the Embassy of Barbados, 2144 Wyoming Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20008, telephone (202) 939-9200, fax (202) 332-7467, Internet e-mail: [email protected] or the consulates of Barbados in Los Angeles, Miami or New York.

Above is the only reference I can get, but one point is clear, departure tax is only payable at the airport.

Norman

Ally

Deckhand
Its usually paid at the airport, Norman...good find...and it does look like there will be a charge taken, probably tween check-in and passport control (there was a small booth at Buenos Aires airport where the tax was paid). The visa forms should be given to you to fill in on embarkation at the start of the cruise...I had mine given to me along with the cabin keys...usually triplicate and you hand it in when you pay and get one copy back and a stamp in the passport to confirm payment.

John

Deckhand
I have just contacted P&O. They have told me that the departure tax has been included within the cost. there will be no further charges to pay.

Thank God for that.

Ally

Deckhand
John said:
I have just contacted P&O. They have told me that the departure tax has been included within the cost. there will be no further charges to pay.

Thank God for that.

I would still take the money with you John as things can change. Better to be prepared for the unexpected imho.