• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone up for a contest?

Rex

Captain
Staff member
I use to do these all the time. Simple contest to win some cash/credit towards a new/existing cruise.

Something to drum up a little activity.

I think a contest of some kind is a great idea! Any help I can get to get me on a ship is welcome. Ha. What did you have in mind? Maybe forum members can post pictures relating to something about their most recent cruise. Favorites can be fun: favorite ports of call, places on the ship to relax, food and drink, etc. So many possibilities!

Rex

Captain
Staff member
I'm not real sure yet. Trying to think of something fun that will encourage others to join in as well.

Ally

Deckhand
Rex, to make any contest work you must make sure that it can cover all nationalities, this is a multinational board and as such you will need to ensure that none are alienated otherwise you will find people backing off....and we both know that is not a good idea.

Rex

Captain
Staff member
I agree. I've always honored internationally. It's just as easy than not.

Pam in CA

Captain
Also, keep in mind that the prize must be worth less than $600 retail. Otherwise, you have to register and bond it in NY, FL, Quebec and other countries. If it's over $600 and the winner is in the US, you must collect SS# and send them a MISC-1099. It gets pretty darned complicated. I don't think you were thinking of that valuable a prize but thought I would alert you.