• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any itinerary better than another?

JSME

Deckhand
Please remember I have never been to outside of the tropical areas. I have never ventured across the ocean.

Could you suggest one itinerary over another?
A dream cruise of mine is a Greek Isle cruise. But I really would like to hear some opinions of all the people who live in UK or Euorpe.

Ally

Deckhand
Personally I think the Med is getting too busy, but if thats what you want to do, then an Eastern Med would be best, its out of the way of the busier areas. Ultimately the Baltics is a good choice, its less busy and since the Eastern Block opened up, Russia, Estonia etc have become very popular for cruises, they are full of history and not over-run with tourists like the Med.

But thats just my opinion after several landbased holidays in and around the Med, I feel that I saw it at its best, before it turned into a mini Caribbean overun with ships. :)

Elizanessie

Deckhand
Oh Selena....such a difficult question.

I have noticed that a lot of our friends from over the pond....love to do Rome and Venice is another favourite.

Me I love the south of France....so I made sure Villefranche is on our intinerary for next year....and although I had Italian ancestors...I prefer not to go to the Italian ports....so alot of our ports will be Spain etc.

There are quite a few different routes available on the Med...and of course dont forget the Baltics.

There are cruises that are 7/10/11/12/14 nights to choose from...so a great selection.

middy

Deckhand
Selena,
I'll stick with you love the Greek Islands though Croatia is nice too.
Middy:wavey:

JSME

Deckhand
Well remember I am going to be a typical tourist here. lol I really am interested in the Greek Isles. I love the history of it and have always thought this to be my dream vacation.

Tell me this I really do not want to do any cruise itineary that will have me doing excursions hours away. That is one reason I rule on Italy. I have heard some of the excursions are many hours away. The walking does not bother me yet. lol I am still young enough to be able to talk walking. I have never really thought of going to Russia or those type places. I just have such a negative attitude about those areas. But believe me I am totally open to having my mind changed. Just remember the struggle the US has had with Russia. lol well that is how I still think. Just a wee bit scared of that area.

Oh Liz the South of France sounds heavenly though. Can you tell me more?

Ally

Deckhand
Speaking as someone who spent 3 months in Russia long before the wall came down, Selena, you have nothing to fear. They are the most warm and welcoming people you could wish to meet. The 'people' of the Baltic States didn't agree with what their governments were doing and at the time they didn't have a voice, now they do. Fantastic people, fantastic places and incredible history too and its still pretty much unspoiled.

:)

Floflegs

Deckhand
We have done a couple of cruises vivisting Greece and Turkey also one up the adriatic which visited Croatia, Italy ( including Venice ) and Greek islands. The were both wonderful cruises.

Elizanessie

Deckhand
When the ship stops at Villefranche (south of france)....it is only 5 minutes walk to the local train station and there you can catch a train to Monte Carlo(Monaco)...or Nice...both places are actually doable on the one port stop although they are in different directions....normally the ships are in Villefranche till quite late at night.

This is one of those port stops which can be done on your own easily enough.