• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Age and Cruising

Adrian

Deckhand
In your opinion, how young is too young to cruise? Alternately, how old is too old to take a cruise? Lastly, to which age group do you think cruising is marketed the heaviest?

AmoMondo

Deckhand
In your opinion, how young is too young to cruise? Alternately, how old is too old to take a cruise? Lastly, to which age group do you think cruising is marketed the heaviest?
Don't think there is a too old or too young age. I personally would not take a vy young baby, but just because I'd find it too much hassle, not that ship's don't cater for them. There are cruises out there to suit all ages. Some lines attract a younger demographic and others an older one. The knack is to find the one that suits you best. I've not yet done a world cruise(will give it a go when I retire) but I'd imagine they would have a lot of older passengers simply because those still working would struggle to get 90 days off work, although some may only be doing a "leg" of the cruise.

dizzy1948

Deckhand
I agree with Ron.....though I wouldn't reckon having a child under 5 on a cruise. Assuming you are on a cruise to relax and enjoy all the amenities, I think it would be stressful to have to look after a young child on a cruise ship...working out days ashore et etc......... only my opinion of course.

G.M.T.

Deckhand
We are thinking about taking the grand($ & €)kids on a cruise next yeat (at least DW is thinking, DW gave me a choice €1000kids, or dear MIL or both and I stay at home - the last was my suggestion - didn't go down well :dancing_banana:).

I was thinking when we do a shore excursion let the kids do bungy jumping off the blunt end. :biggrinbounce2:

Ferris

Deckhand
Considering the cruise lines go out of there way to cater for people of different ages I'd say there isn't really a too old or too young classification when it comes to cruising. As for the marketing, I know some cruise lines like Royal Caribbean are trying to make themselves appeal to a younger crowd as there is an image that cruising is for old people...

L

lancashire lass

All depends on the cruise line. Although I would imagine it would be hard work taking care of very young infants on board many seem to do so very well. And if you can move and breath I say hop aboard:)