1. Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A shore excursion to Salem

Discussion in 'Canada & New England' started by Solent Richard, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Solent Richard

Solent Richard Deckhand

The name Salem has been synonymous with witches and witchcraft since 1692 when a puritanical mania spread through what was in those days a harsh Puritan coastal community.

Today, Salem is a colourful coastal city, located at the mouth of the Naumkeag River, some 25 miles north of Boston.

My wife and I visited Salem on a good value ship’s excursion from the Queen Mary 2 during her 2015 call into Boston.

And it's not just the witches that prove popular in Salem. There is a great seafaring tradition and maritime history to the place...

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Along with some excellent person architecture...

[​IMG]

Of course no visit to Salem will be complete without a visit to the Witches Museum and entrance to watch the show...

[​IMG]

A full review of our day in Salem can be found by clicking the following link to my cruise blog...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/08/25/one-way-to-do-salem/