• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

a little boy nearly drowned on Fantasy

a 4-year old kid nearly drowned at one of the onboard swimming pools - this Disney Fantasy cruise incident happened while the ship was in port and about to set sail on a 7-night Caribbean itinerary from Port Canaveral

Details aren't available yet but I read that the parents weren't in the pool with him at the time. No word on his condition. Signs are prominently posted that there are no lifeguards.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
I have never been a lifeguard but I have saved several people from drowning. I was taught from a very young age you do not let kids in a pool or lake without supervision, because it only takes seconds for something to go wrong. I hope the best for this child.

Details aren't available yet but I read that the parents weren't in the pool with him at the time. No word on his condition. Signs are prominently posted that there are no lifeguards.
hi Pam, i read many of your comments, and i really enjoy it. so it is a pleasure for me to reply your comment. i agree with you about no lifeguards, and less crew member around the pool because some of them have off day in the port.

zenmaster:cool:
cabin steward of carnival cruise lines (1991-2001)
www.beforeyoucruise.blogspot.com

Thanks. :) FYI, it was embarkation day and the ship hasn't sailed yet.

I saw a report last night that the child is still in the hospital. No details due to family privacy. So sad. :( We can talk about parental responsibility but an active toddler can move faster than a speeding bullet if you take your eyes off them for a second. :(