• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A big welcome to my Facebook & CCS friends to Cruisingtalk

Ally

Deckhand
Its wonderful to have you all here on Cruisingtalk, welcome to the family :)

I hope that you'll enjoy being here and if you have any queries or are unsure of anything, do please ask and myself or any other staff will assist you :cool:

Happy posting!

:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

Lauren

Deckhand
We are very pleased to see you all here! Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay!:biggrinbounce2:

Matey

Deckhand
I think it looks like it will be a lot of fun here. I love cruises and I look forward to hearing others' cruise stories.

Neil

Deckhand
Welcome aboard. :wave:

Over 1,700 new members have already joined us this year so I am sure you will find plenty of interest. :)

If you have any questions please feel free to post them. :hoh:

Thank you so much for a place to talk about cruising with like-minded folks who "don't share a brain"!!!!

I hope to be a helpful resource to those who request help, as well as to learn from the rest of you on the cruise lines that I have not yet sailed on!

Susan :)

Lambie

Deckhand
As another refugee... I just want to say how wonderful it feels to be here!!

I have lots to explore and get to know!! And friends to say HELLO to and others yet to meet!!

Looking forward to it ALL!!!

Thanks Ally, for letting us know about Cruising Talk!!!!

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Lambie

Welcome to the cruisingtalk website. :joy:

We are more than happy to provide a new home for you and your friends.

We like things told as they happen so not likely to suspend you on here for seven days or longer . :crap:

Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself .

:ilovct:

ILove2Cruise2

Deckhand
Thank you so much for a place to talk about cruising with like-minded folks who "don't share a brain"!!!!

I hope to be a helpful resource to those who request help, as well as to learn from the rest of you on the cruise lines that I have not yet sailed on!

Susan :)

Hate to hijack a thread, but..............Hi, Susan!
Nice to see you here. Are you all going on the Breeze?
(formerly GlendaleCruiser--Magic Med cruise)

Lambie

Deckhand
Hi Lambie

Welcome to the cruisingtalk website. :joy:

We are more than happy to provide a new home for you and your friends.

We like things told as they happen so not likely to suspend you on here for seven days or longer . :crap:

Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself .

:ilovct:
Thanks Neil!!

I usually spend 30 minutes or so on the computer to unwind after a long day... This is a nice place to do so!!

... and I'm always looking for tips and tricks for cruising... or sharing some!

MrPete

Deckhand
Another emmigration, eh? These things come in waves.

I always watch with enjoyment that these set up up new cruisesites, with some thinking that they will destroy Cruise Critic.

Remember Cruise Fools? :roflmao:

Ally

Deckhand
Another emmigration, eh? These things come in waves.

I always watch with enjoyment that these set up up new cruisesites, with some thinking that they will destroy Cruise Critic.

Remember Cruise Fools? :roflmao:
Pete, this site is not to do with emmigrating nor is it about trying to beat down CC (CC seem to be doing that for themselves lately without the need of any assistance).

People joining here is all about choices.....freedom to choose where to be, who to be with and freedom to speak one's mind without fear of being disrespected or bullied by cliques & brown nosers.

People come here cos they want to come here....and we are very happy to have them, even those with a mischievious streak in them eh, Pete? ;)

MrPete

Deckhand
Pete, this site is not to do with emmigrating nor is it about trying to beat down CC (CC seem to be doing that for themselves lately without the need of any assistance).

People joining here is all about choices.....freedom to choose where to be, who to be with and freedom to speak one's mind without fear of being disrespected or bullied by cliques & brown nosers.

People come here cos they want to come here....and we are very happy to have them, even those with a mischievious streak in them eh, Pete? ;)
Ally...there are more than this site out there that is not Cruise Critic. There's a wave in this past week in all of them.

Ally

Deckhand
Ally...there are more than this site out there that is not Cruise Critic. There's a wave in this past week in all of them.
Yes, I know, but I was answering your implication Pete that we were profiteering off CC's behaviour of late. There is no need for you to pick arguments, I won't rise to them Pete nor will I drydock you...unlike what would have happened on CC had you questioned the ethics, actions or morals of that site & its staff or members like you have here in the last few days :)

Now if this and other sites have enjoyed increased memberships due to what is going on over at CC, more power to all of us....CC's loss is our gain and by that I mean each and every other site cos without us all as alternatives, there would be no choices and the likes of CC would get away with their unreasonable and disrespectful behaviour unchallenged.

Now, feel free to add your experiences of the ships, lines, itineraries here as you wish...I know that you have a wealth of experiences on cruises to share should you wish to do so and we would be happy to read it Pete...whether it be here or anywhere else on the internet :)

MrPete

Deckhand
Yes, I know, but I was answering your implication Pete that we were profiteering off CC's behaviour of late.

unlike what would have happened on CC had you questioned the ethics, actions or morals of that site & its staff or members like you have here in the last few days
Um, excuse me, but would you care to show me and the community where I even hinted that? That's some accusation!

Ally

Deckhand
Um, excuse me, but would you care to show me and the community where I even hinted that? That's some accusation!
Pete, I am not entirely sure why you keep chewing the bone, but please refrain from doing so as you will not force my hand. The only way that you will be drydocked will be by your own hand and no-one elses.

Now, if you would like to participate in the cruising side of the boards, do feel free to participate, but please refrain from trying to get me or any of the staff to remove you cos it will not happen unless you use foul language or act in a detrimental way towards anyone else on this site, as per our ToS which you agreed to adhere to when you registered.

End of story.

MrPete

Deckhand
Pete, I am not entirely sure why you keep chewing the bone, but please refrain from doing so as you will not force my hand. The only way that you will be drydocked will be by your own hand and no-one elses.

Now, if you would like to participate in the cruising side of the boards, do feel free to participate, but please refrain from trying to get me or any of the staff to remove you cos it will not happen unless you use foul language or act in a detrimental way towards anyone else on this site, as per our ToS which you agreed to adhere to when you registered.

End of story.
Ally, if the only way you can win an argument is to ban someone, that's your problem, not mine. That discussion ended days ago.

But what is interesting is, our discussion was over your statement that no one goes to Cabo here. I have already proven otherwise.
Yet, it's a threat you are using now, as an admin.

And you don't have the ability, as another poster, to admit you were wrong. Apparently it is you that has not let it go.

This is skewing your vision on a new topic having nothing to do with the other. My post above has nothing more, other than another migration of posters from one site to others, and think you somehow think it's an attack on this site?

I think that a bit odd.

Ally

Deckhand
Final word Pete.

Yes we can and would send anyone to Cabo if and ONLY if, they act in an irresponsible, disrespectful or willful way that is detrimental to the rest of the membership here. We do not send to Cabo arbitarily - like has been happening on CC recently.

Now please drop the bone Pete. There is no reason to continue this discussion as it is just going round in circles and frankly I am not even sure why you brought your friend up into it since he chose to break the rules and he was sidelined for it 3 years ago...his choice to break the rules in such a severe way that staff here had no choice but to remove him. Now if you cannot accept that, then that is your perogative Pete.

MrPete

Deckhand
Final word Pete.

Yes we can and would send anyone to Cabo if and ONLY if, they act in an irresponsible, disrespectful or willful way that is detrimental to the rest of the membership here. We do not send to Cabo arbitarily - like has been happening on CC recently.

Now please drop the bone Pete. There is no reason to continue this discussion as it is just going round in circles and frankly I am not even sure why you brought your friend up into it since he chose to break the rules and he was sidelined for it 3 years ago...his choice to break the rules in such a severe way that staff here had no choice but to remove him. Now if you cannot accept that, then that is your perogative Pete.
Now I get it. You think I know him. Sorry, never met him. He is simply an example to show you made an incorrect statement. That is the ONLY reason he was brought up.

I happened to come here after a very long absence due to a email I got on thread I must have subscribed to that have resurfaced. Someone must be resurrecting very old threads.

I forgot this place even existed, so I started reviewing my private message folder. That's how I knew people were "missing". He was just another poster I "knew" at CC. There's another one too, but I have no clue who he is. BoHunk.