Carnival Elation - departure delay due to quayside incident, NOLA, 16/02/2012

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Ally, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Ally

Ally Deckhand

Elation's departure was delayed by several hours yesterday after a tanker removing discharge oil had a mishap, spilling oil over the quayside and several pieces of luggage waiting to be boarded.

From John Heald :

Reports on other sources have stated that luggage was badly damaged by the oil and Carnival are doing their best to replace bags and assisting in insurance claims.
  2. Mrslinarcos

Mrslinarcos Deckhand

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the first time I've heard that happening. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  3. Wow what a nightmare for all. Accidents happen thats for sure.
  4. f117a62

f117a62 Deckhand

spill was a minor mishap, but everyone was taken care of we was late departing. But you couldn't tell it from the guest everyone including myself still had a good time and everyone took it with stride. By talking to all the other guest people were laughing and having the time of there life. I would recommend this and any other carnival ship in the future. Maybe with just a little less oil next time.
  5. Ally

Ally Deckhand

Welcome to CruisingTalk, f117a62, its great to have you here with us and I hope that you'll enjoy participating around the boards :joy:

It sounds like you had the right attitude with the oil spill problem and you didn't allow it to affect your cruise experience, which is good :)

As you say, less oil next time would be better, but at least you can laugh about it :)